English and Turkish moving to Malta...help please!

smile2all wrote:
redmik wrote:
smile2all wrote:

Thanks for your comment but I believe the confusion started when the people with no real experience started commenting. If you see zidanin first post was the only post correct and required and the later witch-hunt by everyone to have him banned was off topic and was not necessary at all.
I see that somehow all the post are somewhat with some hint of a know-all-attitude.
Thanks and good day and smile2all..............

Not another one? What experience do you have of life on Malta?
It was not the only correct answer. When you learn about Malta you will learn there is more than one correct answer.

More than one correct answer??????????????????
Confusing ain't it??????????:rolleyes:

Yes it can be on Malta and it depends upon which Laws are applied. If you have any experience you would know that. As you appear to have no personal experience then I suggest you state only that which you know about. Life is not black and white, it is every shade in between.

smile2all wrote:

yes, certainly until we know the full circumstances, thats correct,there are many possible correct answers and even when we do, its not necessarily one correct answer

smile2all wrote:

Depends which day of the week it is :)

redmik wrote:
smile2all wrote:
redmik wrote:

Not another one? What experience do you have of life on Malta?
It was not the only correct answer. When you learn about Malta you will learn there is more than one correct answer.

Yes it can be on Malta and it depends upon which Laws are applied. If you have any experience you would know that. As you appear to have no personal experience then I suggest you state only that which you know about. Life is not black and white, it is every shade in between.

Keeping the shades aside but you didn't post anything correct all I could see were some irrelevant (to the original question) links which I believe can be had from the internet.
Also I don't see where this forum is heading into.:rolleyes:

I don't want to enter this heated argument. However from my own experience, whoever and whatever nationality you are married to and travelling with, it is the documents YOU hold that count.

chinooks wrote:

I don't want to enter this heated argument. However from my own experience, whoever and whatever nationality you are married to and travelling with, it is the documents YOU hold that count.

You are right.:)

smile2all wrote:
chinooks wrote:

thats not true, travelling with your EU partner if you are non EU can make a difference - it did for my wife. Making sweeping statements doesn't help.

georgeingozo wrote:
smile2all wrote:
chinooks wrote:

thats not true, travelling with your EU partner if you are non EU can make a difference - it did for my wife. Making sweeping statements doesn't help.

He doesn't want to enter this heated argument :cool:

didn't want to. But then did

Just get in touch with the embassy. That is the only way you will find out the real story. Maybe things are different in Malta! Until very recently, a woman was husband's property almost! Equality did not arrive at the same rate as elsewhere.

I am Maltese born living in England since 1975. I had a patriality stamp in my passport...only thing that made travelling easy. (even though I travelled with my husband of 30 years) Not once did anybody ask me who my travelling companion was (!!!) Why should they??
One time I missed my flight as even with that, I was refused to fly (they were wrong that time incidentally)But it still caused aggro and missing my longed for holiday. In the end in 2010 I decided to get British nationality ... only to make travel easier without the need of too many questions and visas.

chinooks wrote:

Just get in touch with the embassy. That is the only way you will find out the real story. Maybe things are different in Malta! Until very recently, a woman was husband's property almost! Equality did not arrive at the same rate as elsewhere.

I am Maltese born living in England since 1975. I had a patriality stamp in my passport...only thing that made travelling easy. (even though I travelled with my husband of 30 years) Not once did anybody ask me who my travelling companion was (!!!) Why should they??
One time I missed my flight as even with that, I was refused to fly (they were wrong that time incidentally)But it still caused aggro and missing my longed for holiday. In the end in 2010 I decided to get British nationality ... only to make travel easier without the need of too many questions and visas.

Cheer-up, nowadays the husbands are wife's property and we are crying for equality.
One thing I don't understand is that you had a Maltese passport and you needed a visa to enter Malta??????:mad:
Or you had a Turkish passport.??????

No, not to enter Malta!!!! Of course they let me in. lol

We like to travel further afield, and often when my husband could get in without a visa, or buy one on entry, I could not. Very annoying!!

chinooks wrote:

We like to travel further afield, and often when my husband could get in without a visa, or buy one on entry, I could not. Very annoying!!

Further afield like Saudia,Iran,Afhganistan??????

mmmm not quite.....but west Africa, Tanzania, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Caribbean.....get the picture?

smile2all wrote:
redmik wrote:
smile2all wrote:

Keeping the shades aside but you didn't post anything correct all I could see were some irrelevant (to the original question) links which I believe can be had from the internet.
Also I don't see where this forum is heading into.:rolleyes:

This is the whole problem and why the advice is conflicting and why comments have been made to the experience/living in Malta and what 'the rest of the world' knows as correct.
No one has tried to mislead.

Experience of living in Malta; Means being aware, that ANY information will change from person to person, department to department, even embassy staff will give different advice...It really does depend on what day it is or if they had ham in their sandwich for lunch.

Experience of the rest of the world; What you are told is correct (mostly!)

So, perhaps, unlike other countries on this blog, Malta and the advice is unique and comes down to suggestions, ideas and thoughts!

Coxf0001 'Experience of living in Malta; Means being aware, that ANY information will change from person to person, department to department, even embassy staff will give different advice...It really does depend on what day it is or if they had ham in their sandwich for lunch.'

The above statement is this whole thread in a nutshell! :D Well said.  Until people actually come to live in Malta and have to work through the bureaucracy here instead of writing from places like Exeter in the UK, they won't have a clue about the Malta complexities. The comment about bloggers 'know-it-all'  ignores the fact that expats already living on the island have had their fair share of frustration dealing with various departments, the outcome of which is their experience shared in good faith to assist others who have not yet arrived and don't know what to do or expect.

Totally agree with rooikat, coxf001 and everyone else who has tried to make this point. Living here can be somewhat frustrating when dealing with authorities. One gains a knowledge of how officials, agents, advisors, shop staff etc. work and apply rules and regulations (generally speaking). Go to three different clerks in the same department, ask them the same question and don't be surprised to get three different answers.
Also, as I previously stated: What this thread illustrates is the need for people, when asking questions, to provide as much relevant information as possible and provide essential information in their descriptions in their profiles.
We also need to be wary of some contributors, who, living elsewhere, many times with very little experience of Malta, or no experience at all, look to the internet only to provide answers or worse; invent answers. (Not forgetting that there are many who play games on forums for their own satisfaction, sometimes referred to as 'trolls'.)

One cannot compare Malta with any other country in the world in terms of regulations, procedures and application of Law.

Living on Malta/Gozo requires a change of 'mindset' and one cannot get that unless one lives here or has visited, frequently, over many years.

rooikat wrote:

Coxf0001 'Experience of living in Malta; Means being aware, that ANY information will change from person to person, department to department, even embassy staff will give different advice...It really does depend on what day it is or if they had ham in their sandwich for lunch.'

The above statement is this whole thread in a nutshell! :D Well said.  Until people actually come to live in Malta and have to work through the bureaucracy here instead of writing from places like Exeter in the UK, they won't have a clue about the Malta complexities. The comment about bloggers 'know-it-all'  ignores the fact that expats already living on the island have had their fair share of frustration dealing with various departments, the outcome of which is their experience shared in good faith to assist others who have not yet arrived and don't know what to do or expect.

So the Malta Complexities are like a watermelon where a person cannot know if it is pink or red up until he opens it up.
I am afraid Malta is turning into Watermelon thanks to all the annoying seeds within.:lol::lol::lol:

redmik wrote:

smile2all may I ask why you are on this forum?
You only seem to be interested in 'stirring' things both on this thread and others.
You merely state you are in England, no other information or useful contribution.
I think you are using this forum for some kind of personal satisfaction rather than to be helpful to anyone else.

The post was not directed to you so you should not start a personal slinging here.

I don't want to point out to your contributions and write how useful your input on ups and downs on the prices of Lager and Beer can be of any use!!!!!!

Let's not get OFF TOPIC please.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi to all :)

Please note that Expat.com is a forum of exchange, it would be nice to discuss or debate without engaging in personal attacks.

Please note that the subject of this topic is : English and Turkish moving to Malta...help please!

Thank you !

Priscilla
Expat.com

kbun22 wrote:

Hi everyone :)
I am English and planning to move to Malta within the next couple of months with my Turkish husband. I'd love some advice regarding visa's etc, as I understand it for me I can just turn up and then I'm good for 3 months until I need to get a residency card or something along them lines? But for my husband I'm not sure how it works as he is non EU, will it be OK without a visa as he is coming with me or if not which visa does he need to be able to work as I know you are not allowed to work on Schengen visa.
Any help would be much appreciated as I'm struggling to find much info!
Thanks

This was the topic last time regarding visa for non-EU spouse entering Malta.  The Russian wife will require the same papers as the Turkish husband here.