Really need your help please ?

Hi there, we really need your help please.? Is there anyone that can help us with info on jobs and farms to rent in Uruguay in order to relocate from South Africa? I breed with Rottweilers and need info also on how to take them with us?

Madeleine
I've seen your "urgent"message a nit late - for I don't go onto the site very often.

yes we immigrated during 2007 to uruguay from South Africa - and yes it is well worth it! A very friendly country and very safe and a lovely place to be.
We bought farmland on the eastern side of the country in the omly mountain range - looks a lot like White River area. And we are 50 km from the Atlantic ocean.

I do want ( if did not do anything yet) to advise you to visit the country before doing anything. It is much different from South Africa and the fact that you will need to learn Spanish - they do not speak English at all - actually very seldom you get some one who is fluently in English.

It is not a difficult immigration - but you will need a good advocate there - that won't cost you a lot. The Uruguayen laws for immigration is  foreigner friendly.

But if you have spesific questions please contact me on my e mail. I will be onto it immedaitely.

[Moderated: pls send details in private]

Regards

Neels Boonzaaier

Hi Madelaine,

Welcome on the Forum :)

I have created a new thread as from your post on the Uruguay Forum for better visibility and interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team