New to Holland?

Are you planning to live or study in the Netherlands?

You first stop should be the www.newtoholland website of the Dutch government.
You'll find answers to many questions regarding visas, permit of stay etc. etc.

For those who want information about any kind of visa, permits etc please click on this link:

http://www.ind.nl/en/Residence-Wizard/P … fault.aspx

The IND is THE organization under responsibility of the Dutch Government who have the expertise to help you.
There are so much exceptions as expats living in the Netherlands with different cases and situations.

hi,

I am new to this site, and also had my mvv visa approved a month ago, planning to move by next month in ternuezen, NL. I am currently working as a nurse here in SAudi Arabia, a Filipino citizen, i am looking for a job there so when i move there i have a job that can also help my boy friend to support me.
I hope this site can help me to find one.

mary_grace wrote:

hi,

I am new to this site, and also had my mvv visa approved a month ago, planning to move by next month in ternuezen, NL. I am currently working as a nurse here in SAudi Arabia, a Filipino citizen, i am looking for a job there so when i move there i have a job that can also help my boy friend to support me.
I hope this site can help me to find one.

Hallo Mary Grace,

I have been in Ternuezen, funny thing they have place called  'philippine' there.
About having a job here, I would like to give you a little idea... Its hard to find a job here specially If you dont speak the language... And you as a nurse it would be a big help if you try to apply as volunteer first. It will help you to familiarize different things here in Holland. Goodluck for future!

Greetings
Michel

Hallo everybody,

I am new to this site although I have been living in the Netherlands since 1997.
I live in Epe (Gelderland), I am an English & Russian teacher at Dutch secondary school, I am also sworn translator Ukrainian, Russia, English and Dutch.

Nice to mee you all.

Hi Mary Grace and Gala722000,

Welcome on board to this site and welcome in the Netherlands.
I know Terneuzen very well, I lived a big part of my life in a small city near Terneuzen.

Terneuzen is a small town in the province Zeeuws-Vlaanderen.
Most of the young people leave this province because there are not enough jobs available.
Special for the higher educated.
Like Michel said it is important to speak the language before you can apply for a job, special in Zeeuws-Vlaanderen.

If you need more advise or information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Allot thinking to easy. Should learn the languages first if you wanna work there. (any country not only Holland)

Hello all,

@Mitsvee : Just to inform you that is quite an old thread, should you have anything to share, I please invite you creating a new thread for our members to interact.

Regards

Kenjee

Only in Italy, there are foreigners who work without knowing any Italian word... Because they accept to work 12 hours for less money and without regular papers. While Italians (and Europeans in general) want to make the standard 8 hours, for more money and with regular papers... For an Italian employer the tax pressure is about 70%-80% and the paperwork to hire someone costs a lot of time and money... This is Italy!

Licia...also the foreigners are leaving Italy, now...
nobody wants to live there anymore...

Hi

I am now living in netherlands for 7 months and wanna learn dutch.can any one of you provide me some pointers? I work full time in a company.so I can take classes after work .

Thanks and Regards,
Sutapa

If you want to pay there are a lot of school in holland, try to search on google :-)
if you don't want to pay there are a dutch course for free in rhe principal city of the country. the rules are different city by city; check on the website of your city.

but WHY you wanna learn dutch if you will stay so less time? You will learn when will be time to come back at home...

Gary wrote:

Are you planning to live or study in the Netherlands?

http://www.ind.nl/en/Residence-Wizard/P … fault.aspx

The IND is THE organization under responsibility of the Dutch Government who have the expertise to help you.
There are so much exceptions as expats living in the Netherlands with different cases and situations.

Link is broken

@fre2mansur

The link is broken because this is an old thread you are posting on. Perhaps you should do a Google search for information.

Well to be honest make sure you have qualifications, I lived in Germany for 20 years and that was very closed, but Holland is extreme, if you don't really speak the language your kinda lost.....

Study or living in Netherlands is just the good one step in someone's life.  Here in Netherlands you can make your super career and enjoy the world's most beautiful and amazing destinations. Thanks.

Hi All!

I am new to the site too and looking to connect with American Expats in the Netherlands!

Would love to connect with anyone willing to share their story and chat through the moving process! :)

Thanks!

Sarah

Hello

I m from Macedonia but hold EU passport,  and have a family of 3 (me, my wife and baby girl 10 months old). I am considering a job opportunity which is based in Amsterdam. For now only I will be working because my wife and her bechlor diploma of economy in MK is not recognized in Europe.

The position is  senior Logistics Coordinator for one of Fortune 500 companies having operations in whole world but is based in Amsterdam.

I have few quick questions:

1) What salary should I expect for the post ? (Gross)
2) What will the net salary look like after deductions (taxes) ?
3) Approx what should be the monthly expenses ?
4) Is it easier if i live in nearby Zaandam or Haarlem, how gut is public transport from these two cities to Amsterdam?
5) Approx costs for rent of appartement from 50m2
6) My wife and child doesnt hold EU passport only Macedonian will be that problem to get living permit?

Thanks in Advance

Stevce