Hello HCMC ! French Canadian here

Hello !

Life is too short to lack great coffee. Hence my back-in-HCMC-to-satisfy-an-obcession-on-coffee. Joking aside, I am giving the great northern Canadian winter a break, so here I am.

It is so good to be back in Vietnam after almost 2 years! (I was here for photography project & volunteer work)

I am looking to make friends!
Let's go out for coffees, day trips, and language exchange too! (I speak French and English, would like to continue my Spanish learning, but open on the idea to learn German. And oh, Vietnamese, of course).

Or even Zumba fitness. Or day volunteer trip to a local orphanage. Or running. So much things possible !

I'm in D2 for the next few weeks, and then I'm moving in Da Nang. Maybe. Who knows.

Looking forward to meet you around a dark hot brew of ecstatic caffeinated substance,

JP

Half French Canadian, half Yukoner, 100% in Vietnam.

welcome to Vietnam <3

Thanks !

I definitely missed the warm weather of this place.

JP_YK wrote:

... Or day volunteer trip to a local orphanage. Or running. So much things possible !

Hmm...seems like there's some demand for another Convoy For Babies run.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=303849

You got a motorbike?

Convoy for babies run...
Great idea ! I'm in for the upcoming one, if there is any.

//

I am looking to buy a motorbike, I will try to get one this coming weekend.

Hi JP_YK,

I suggest you to have a look at the section motorbikes for sale in Vietnam and you can even post an advert.

Thank you

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Yeah THD, arrange another trip !

Anniest wrote:

You up for it then?

Christ du tabernacle, un vrai canadien. Soyez le bienvenue. Et en plus, un demi-yukonais du vrai grand nord. Moi j'ai travaille avec un type Chippewa il y a vingt années, et chaque samedi matin il avait besoin de mettre le télé  sur le canal de Yellowknife, pour être au courant avec les nouvelles du jour avec Snookie Catholique, en la langue des Chippewa, bien sur!

Je soupçonne que vous vous trouverez Vietnam bien a votre gré et gout. Bonne chance. Icitte (en Vietnam, je reste actuellement en Floride) le grand nord est Sapa. Allez y un jour.

Ah ben ah ben !
Ça fait du bien entendre du vrai québécois !
Il fait chaud ici, comparé au Nord. Frappante différence.
Merci de votre commentaire !

[translation for the others: Good to hear another quebecer ! It is hot in here, compared with the North. Big difference. Thanks for your comment]

Pas un Québécois, Un vrai 'Mainiac' originaire de Caribou. Pas trop loin, non?

Sorry, not a Quebecois but a Mainiac from Caribou. Not too far from Quebec. Our neighbors in New Brunswick are francophone. Or at least they were. Been gone for almost 50 years.

Hi,

Welcome to Vietnam. Are you fancy for a cup of coffee and a language exchange? :). Hopefully, you will make new friends here.

Cheers.

JP_YK wrote:

Ah ben ah ben !

[translation for the others: Good to hear another quebecer ! It is hot in here, compared with the North. Big difference. Thanks for your comment]

Yah, a moderator will come along and remind you it's an English forum and you have to use the English language here (there also is a Spanish, French, Italian and Portuguese available).  So if you want to speak French, you need to PM or as you did it above - an English translation.

lirelou wrote:

Christ du tabernacle, un vrai canadien. Soyez le bienvenue. Et en plus, un demi-yukonais du vrai grand nord. Moi j'ai travaille avec un type Chippewa il y a vingt années, et chaque samedi matin il avait besoin de mettre le télé  sur le canal de Yellowknife, pour être au courant avec les nouvelles du jour avec Snookie Catholique, en la langue des Chippewa, bien sur!

Je soupçonne que vous vous trouverez Vietnam bien a votre gré et gout. Bonne chance. Icitte (en Vietnam, je reste actuellement en Floride) le grand nord est Sapa. Allez y un jour.

Need to include the English translation in your post, Master D.  Here's the google version.

Christ the tabernacle, a true Canadian. Be welcome. And besides, half the real Yukoners far north. I have worked with such a Chippewa there twenty years, and every Saturday morning he needed to put the TV on channel Yellowknife to be abreast with the news of the day with Snookie Catholic, in the language of the Chippewa of course!

I suspect that you will find Vietnam good to your discretion and taste. Good luck. Icitte (in Vietnam, I am currently in Florida) the far north is Sapa. Go there one day.

Thanks truc_nguyen!

I am down* for a cup of coffee anytime!

I am waiting for a reply from a guy for a motorbike...
Making friends will be easier from that point!

I really appreciate that THD. I prefer English even my English is real bad lol

Tran Hung Dao wrote:
JP_YK wrote:

Ah ben ah ben !

Yah, a moderator will come along and remind you it's an English forum and you have to use the English language here (there also is a Spanish, French, Italian and Portuguese available).  So if you want to speak French, you need to PM or as you did it above - an English translation.

Yes absolutely !

Sorry about the Moliere expression of my brain pouring french contents on a digital display.
I was overwhelmed by the joy created at the sight of the re-arranged latin letters formed to represent a well-known background landscape.

My hands, after their drastic dissociation of the coffee-cup near my table, expressed themselves vividly by frenetically tapping on black keys of this laptop. They were enjoying the freedom of the net, producing a rhythmic symphony, and they forgot the rules.

TL;DR : sorry about that.

welcome to Vietnam

welcome to Vietnam!

that was a great thing to do. i want to try joining if you have new sched.

I am living in D2 street.Hope see u around here ;)

Welcome to vietnam!!!
District 2 is pretty good place(but how about Phu My Hung district 7?) :). Anyway hope you will enjoy the sunny and warmest weather here.

JP_YK wrote:

Convoy for babies run...
Great idea ! I'm in for the upcoming one, if there is any.

//

I am looking to buy a motorbike, I will try to get one this coming weekend.

Anniest wrote:

OK, we're green light on the Convoy For Babies run

Convoy For Babies (CFB) HCMC --> Đồng Nai 11/17/2013

welcome to VietNam
I live near D2 street
I know mr kevin who sell car for foreigners
if you want ,I can take you go to there

JP_YK wrote:

Thanks truc_nguyen!

I am down* for a cup of coffee anytime!

I am waiting for a reply from a guy for a motorbike...
Making friends will be easier from that point!

Hello!
My name is Rachel, I'm a French student actually in Internship in HCMC. I'd like to make friends, have coffee or drinks...
Tell me if you are available for a coffee soon !
See you
Rachel

Welcome to vietnam. I do love doing charity and take photo.
My home town has many beautiful places to take photos, but it seems like so dangerous to do it. I'm not brave to do that. That sucks.
Hopefully u will find new beautiful things in vietnam that u have never seen.
Have a nice dream

Welcome to Viet Nam. hope you like my country! :D