Hi everybody in Nicaragua!!

I am arriving in Nicaragua on October 6th and will be there through the 12th. Planning on looking at several different properties in different areas such as Leon, San Jorge, San Juan Del Sur and the Madriz area.  Any advice on my travels would be appreciated.  I am renting a car at mga airport.  My wife and I hope to be there for good within a year.

Hello larryandmichelleboyd.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have moved your message to the Nicaragua Forum for more visibility and interaction with the other members.

Thanks.

Karen :)

Hi Karen, I couldn't find a space to tell you about myself. I am an older active gentleman from Baltimore, MD. Nicaragua is on my  short list of where to experience my next adventure. MY goal is a small finca where I can experiment growing moringa,  a wonderfully nutritional plant that has already been introduced to your marvelous country. So Joining this blog is my next step to moving toward my goal. Among my questions, is the legal challenges to execute my plan? What kind of visa do I need to pursue. Should I be pursuing the resident visa or the retirement visa? Is this realistic? What are the pros and cons of such a project in your opinion. I listen well. If there are other bloggers who can provide info. I invite their input also.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Get the retirement residency. It has some very good benefits. The downside is that you can't get a RUK (business license ) unless you incorporate. The difference is night and day between a tourist visa and residency. There is a lawyer here on this site named Paul Tifer. He could explain to you all that you need. They have recently made it much easier to obtain a residency for retired folks moving to Nicaragua. I have sent a couple of people to this guy and he has done them a good job and stuck to his price.