Looking for hiking groups in Jordan

Greetings.

I am looking for local hiking groups to attend whenever possible during my stay in Amman; which will last at least 2 weeks from now. I am already aware about the Hash House Harriers, but any suggestions to expand my choices would be appreciated, be them clubs or travel groups that welcome newcomers.

Thanks in advance.

:P

Kate29 wrote:

Me n My friend Planning to to have a trip to Aqaba,if u like u can join us :)

Greetings, Kate. Thanks a lot for this nice proposal! It's such an honor to be invited to somebody's own travel group, but I'm afraid that this trip's circumstances could possibily not suit me. I'll PM you for further discussion.

::::::

The question is still up,

I am looking for any open travel groups willing to go on cool hikes and trips!

Sinan I guess you might have left by now but did you find anything?

Jazzmaven1980 wrote:

Sinan I guess you might have left by now but did you find anything?

Unfortunately no. However, you might be able to find your way around. Try to get in touch with other expats, and you might be able to arrange a trip with your own friends!

There are also many clubs and businesses that arrange hiking trips and allow strangers to join for a fee, although they're almost exclusively for Jordanians as far as I know, so these will be a cultural adventure more than a hike (assuming you could make your away in and at least a few of the people could communicate in English). You can search for these on Facebook or in newspapers (which are in Arabic language. Good luck with that). :D

If you want to arrange your own, I am pretty ignorant about the possible locations out there, but one easy trip that doesn't need any guidance, although very expensive, is Petra. It's more of an archaeological site than a hiking zone though. The trails are easy and crowded. The entrance fee for tourists is a crazy 50 dinars, but the place is amazing once you get into it. You can get right into the site by a Jett bus (check out their website, it's fully available in English) for a 12 dinar fee, and the way there is 3 to 4 hours long.