Flats for rent in Delhi??

Hi all,

I'm an expatriate who's lived in India for a few years now.  I'm considering a move with my company to Delhi. The location of my company there is in the Rajendra Place metro station area which I believe is the West Delhi area.     

I'm curious to know if the West Delhi area is ok to for foreigners live as I don't want a long commute to and from work each day.  If the WD area is NOT ok to for foreigners to live, which areas are ok and are reasonably close, and how much I would expect to pay in rent.  Ideally I'd be looking for a fully furnished studio or 1BHK.  No DDA flats (I need consistent water supply).  I'd be willing to go for a 2BHK in a society flat if the price and location were right. 

That's the specifics but I'd be very appreciative of general Delhi information as well (where to eat, party, shop etc).  I've visited Delhi before and have seen all the tourist stuff so I'm not really interested in that.  But any and all thoughts and opinions on living in Delhi from expats would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, everyone.

Hi devfoster,

Regarding accommodation I suggest you post an advert in the Housing in New Delhi section please and don't forget to mention the specification you are after(fully furnished..) pls :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

hello my brother,if you don't mind you can live in my home at new delhi.you could contact on 07668548706

Hi Devfoster

Welcome to India .... I will love to help you to fine a good house near Rejender place only .. please reply through this post..

Hello to those who've posted a reply already and thanks for replying.  I just wanted to make clear some points from my original post:

I am not new to India.  I'm not a tourist.  I'm a professional currently working and residing here and have so for some years.     

I'm not interested in sharing accommodations.

With regards to offers to find a flat, I am only interested in dealing with licensed,, experienced, reputable brokers (not individual property owners) who have real estate businesses that I can check thoroughly from my current location.

Cheers,