Living expenses in debrecen

Is there any student or anyone from debrecen that could tell me how much woulf the living cost be for a couple over there,including housing expenses, as well as book expenses for one studet? thanx.

can anyone itemize the cost expenses in debrecen for one couple? my wife and i are planning to go over there, but we are debating,

ALso, does it worth to get a degree from the deberecen university in medical field,when u know u have to go back to USA for pracrice and what would be the obstacles of being allowed to practice in USA( costs/time/shcools and all that?

Hi,

I'm sorry to see noone can help you, so here's what little I know about this:

Debrecen, and in fact most towns are significantly cheaper than Budapest, the only city in Hungary.
Main expenses are rent, highly dependent on your needs. A quick google search showed small run-down apartments starting at 20.000 HUF/month, but of course the sky is the limit. A few hundred USD should be enough.
Cars and gas are super-expensive, again, a lifestyle choice.
But it's also an investment, because the savings in food and other shopping costs (also above US standards) can be significant if you do your shopping in the supermarket.

A long time ago the best universities in the country were all the Budapest ones. But since they can get along on reputation alone, they might have been surpassed by these smaller ones.

Why not ask some prospective employers how they would react to a foreign degree? I hear the US medical trade union is strongly protectionist and exclusionary to keep wages high, whereas foreign medical professionals are warmly welcome in the UK.

Also, try here:
facebook.com/fmsa.hu

mike-usa wrote:

ALso, does it worth to get a degree from the deberecen university in medical field,when u know u have to go back to USA for pracrice and what would be the obstacles of being allowed to practice in USA( costs/time/shcools and all that?

My daughter was considering studying medicine a few years ago.

Your degree would have to be recognised in the USA. The best place to ask is the University itself.

You might want to consider the medical schools in the Caribbean - Grenada perhaps. These have USA and I think, a European accreditation. This would therefore allow you to apply for a licence to practice medicine in either regulated regions as the standards of the medical school are considered sufficient.

All degrees issued by EC accredited universities are recognised in other EC countries. The same kind of system applies to North America but the standards between the regions are not mutually recognised in all cases.