Umrah on Visit Visa

If I take out visit visa of my mother,
Can she perform Umrah on that visa (legally) ?
as I saw something on that page:
https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/FamilyVisitVisa/create
Please review and suggest.

Thanks
Umair

Legally, Umrah and Hajj are strictly prohibited on a visit visa. Umrah/Hajj visas are the right & legal ways.

Is there any other legal way?
for example a permission from passport office or like this?

No, there isn't any; except going back and coming back on the right visa.

They aren't strict in checking that's why many people could do that. But if you are unlucky, the consequences would be disastrous.

Saudi Government mentions that the intention of obtaining visit visa for relatives should not be performing Umrah or Hajj.

If the visit visa is valid, than you have the right to travel any where in the kingdom. My parents have come many times, and there is no issue in performing Umrah. I have even extended the visit visa of my parents in the MAKKAH JAWAZAT OFFICE.
So, please feel free to call them and perform Umrah.
Regards
Ahmad

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Legally, Umrah and Hajj are strictly prohibited on a visit visa. Umrah/Hajj visas are the right & legal ways.

AFAIK.

Umera is legally allowed on visit visa. Hajj is not at all allowed.

salman108 wrote:

AFAIK.

Umera is legally allowed on visit visa. Hajj is not at all allowed.

@salman,
I have found that this is a common understanding here in public. But it's wrong :)

If you comprehend Arabic, just read the text on the link OP has shared: https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/FamilyVisitVisa/create

Yes, it's clearly written on MOFA site that hajj and umrah both are not allowed thats why i asked if there is any sort permission etc.
Brother @time.chime I know it would create no problem for Umrah on visit Visa, but I wanna do it in a legal way as in my view breaking the law is sin, and sin for worshiping i mean no sense.
Thank You all of you, do let me know if anyone come to know about any sort of legal way..

UmairMansoor wrote:

I know it would create no problem for Umrah on visit Visa, but I wanna do it in a legal way as in my view breaking the law is sin, and sin for worshiping i mean no sense.

That's the main point. I'm glad you have that feeing.

Last year a similar discussion popped up on EB. And I had to check that with a respected Mufti Sb who serves Haramain since decades. He said it was not only legally, but also religiously incorrect to violate laws made by the Islamic government and perform a religious activity as such.

Of course, government knows about it very well. The day they pull the plug, many will suffer.

I'm telling you there is no workaround. So don't look forward :)

Ahh Ic
Allright :)
Thank You.

Did you get Visa for your mother recently? I asked because the Visit Visa for parents were not open until Hajj so I am wondering if you got the Visa recently. If so, for how many days did you get the Visa? I got it for 30 days only for one of my parent so I am curious to know if you were able to get it for 90 days?

No, actually I am planning to proceed with visit visa for my mother in december2013, So i had some queries related to that thought to share with you guys.

Agree with TLL,
But they are strict on HAJJ since many years not from this year.

I have been stopped twice at different check points while I was going on Umrah with my parents. they check the passport and asked me about the destination that I told them :going for Umrah, and nothing happens;
But again, its not good to break any law of Islamic government.

can anybody applied visit visa for parents....now hujj has finished.when will visa open?can we apply now?and how long will it take to get visa?

aleena.arif1234 wrote:

can anybody applied visit visa for parents....now hujj has finished.when will visa open?can we apply now?and how long will it take to get visa?

New visit visas start from the start of new Hijri year.

I had applied for Visa for my parent on 20/Oct and the visa was approved. So, I beleive, the Visa is issued even now.

in how many days did you get visa?

i am applying for my mother....do you think i have to apply now?

I got the Visa in 4 days. I applied on 21/Oct and the visa was approved on 24/Oct.

I got the Visa only for 30 days so many people I talked to have suspected that, I would have got the Visa for 90 days if I would have applied after 1st of Muharram. This is a suspicion but no supplementary evidence to prove this.
I will leave it to you to decide. But, bottom line is , visa is issued even now.