Question about maternity leave benefits

Hello,

Could anyone shed a light on me.

I am considering moving to Luxembourg with my husband. I am Finnish from Finland and have just graduated. I am on my 4th month pregnancy.

Since I never worked in Lux or Finland, I will not qualify for maternity leave benefits (100% full salary for 16 weeks).

However, I have heard that I may qualify for the maternity allowance (16 weeks: 8 before and after the birth) for non-working new mother to Lux. Would anyone know how much would it for, and after 16 weeks, is there any benefit I may qualify for.

I need to consider the situation carefully. I prefer to be off in Finland as here, things are quite clear but wanted to be with my husband.

Thank you!

Hello finns.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thanks.

Karen :)

[moderated: no free ads please]

hi finns
me to i dont have work never been, but my husband have work in lux when we got our first baby i receive the maternity allowance 7months pregnant,, around 800 or 900€ that i use for the baby stuff and i deliver the baby i recieve around 600 to 800€per month until 2years after 2years i got least 300 or 400€ per month i'm not so sure but i know that i receive 1000€for my first child 5years old and 2nd child 22months