Arriving in Hanoi on the 18th Feb!

Hello everyone,

I've been in HCM for about 2 months now and will be moving to Hanoi in few more days to start working. I'm just wonderin how it is there, since I've been used to livin here. Any advice or tips will be appreciated. Thanks :)

Hi Ann!. I think it's like HCM City ( the traffic, your work...) I think there is nothing diffrent.

Went to Ha Noi once to visit my wife's family.  Worst traffic jam I have ever seen in my life.  Two lanes each way backed up at a red light.  Since there was no traffic in the opposing two lanes people began to use those lanes.  Soon it was four lanes of traffic facing each other at the red light.  We got out of the cab to walk but had to jump out of the way of motorbikes driving on the sidewalks.

Thanks for ur info..haha, I can expect that it's somehow like HCM when it comes to traffic. Anyway, I'm excited to live there soon :)

thieu_gia_ban_linh90 wrote:

Hi Ann!. I think it's like HCM City ( the traffic, your work...) I think there is nothing diffrent.

there is WiNTeR in Hanoi, unlike HCM, coldDDDDDD winter
Check the annual temperature range online

Yes I did. I know the seasons in Hanoi, so I'm preparin now from getting used to hot weather everyday here. Thanks.

Hey welcome to Hanoi! Well, even though the traffic may be bad, you will get used to it really soon. Hanoi is known for its beautiful 4 seasons, friendly locals and great food!

Yeah thanks for that info. I'm comin very soon and so excited to be there :)

Hello JorryAnn hope to see you in HaNoi!
:)

Hi! It's been one month for me in Hanoi! 

Let's keep contact haha

Xoxo

Welcome to Hanoi. Because I just moved to Pakse, Champasak, Laos. So I can not meet you in Hanoi. In February, we are in Spring with cool (not cold) and foggy, little rain. Although I only love Autumn but it is nice in Spring.
Traffic Jam is very terrible in Hanoi because almost government offices and universities are in central but when I am far Hanoi, I miss it alot.
In here (Pakse), no traffic, no rain, no foggy (dry season)...I feel without.

Hello Hongminh,

Thanks for taking time to give me those info. I'm a little lost in this city right now but I just need some time to get settled and I'm sure I'll be okay soon. I have not yet seen the traffic jam since I haven't been into other places.

Good morning Jorryann,
Have a nice day in Hanoi. You haven't met Traffic Jam because almost students are in days off for Tet Holiday (They have long Tet replace for short Summer Holiday).
Because you go to Hanoi for working, so you should keep free time at weekend for visiting some place in city central (Hoan Kiem Lake area, Dong Xuan Night Market - open from 7pm to 12pm in Friday, Saturday and Sunday), drink coffee at old coffee shops as Lam Cafe 60&91 Nguyen Huu Huan Street, Egg Coffee at Giang Cafe 39 Nguyen Huu Huan Street, visit Bat Trang ceramics village by bus 47 directly from Long Bien bus station to Bat Trang.
If you need any more information, don't hesistate to contact me free vis here or my email. I am Hanoian, so I am clear about Hanoi.

Finally I met Jorry An.
Taba mo day..
Enjoy your work in Hanoi.

Ang hanep ngsalita ang BABOY!!!!!hahaha

But you're fatter than me girl :P. Next time let's go Ha Long. :)

Oh really?I guess you forgot to look into the mirror :)

jorryann wrote:

Oh really?I guess you forgot to look into the mirror :)

I did. When I look at you, I am seeing myself in a concave mirror. :cool:

You 're still in Hanoi, jorryann ?

Crowed, noisy but Hanoi has still its own special features. Welcome to Hanoi