Top hiring sectors in Riyadh

Hi,

let's talk about job opportunities in Riyadh.

What are the top hiring sectors?

And according to you, what are the most promising job sectors, which will keep creating jobs in Riyadh?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience,

Julien

Lets try to frame it from another point of view.

Saudi Arabia is a cash rich economy, with great dreams, and a lot of money is being spent to make those dreams come true.

Leading the spending spree ( should you call it that) is the government. They are spending on Housing, infrastructure, defense, civil services. If they are not buying it new, they are mostly upgrading it.

Following the Government are private entities.
Leading the charge are large business houses like Juffali, Jeraisy, and many more. Following the big guys are medium and small wannabe big houses.

This should serve as a rough guide to finding your way around job maze.

In my personal view jobs for expats in Saudi Arabia will get more niche, and at the same time a lot more difficult.

The huge Saudi diaspora who was sent to the west to get degrees, is now returning. With Engineering, Medicine and business degrees. they will increasingly take up a more vibrant role in this economy. Thus leaving a smaller niche space for "experienced and knowledgeable" expats only.

The junior expats however may not completely be at loss. They may survive on the basis of better work ethics and higher productivity or lower cost. In any case they will find survival a lot more difficult and more expensive over a period of time.

my 0.02 $.

Hi salman108,

Thank you for your participation :)

Priscilla
Expat.com team

I would say FMCG is doing pretty decent here in Saudi. You might want to have a look in to the details.

my 0.02 cents.

0.02 cents? :/

Trapezius wrote:

my 0.02 cents.

0.02 cents? :/

Correction made.