Registering a birth in Ecuador

Hi,

About to have a baby or already had children? Let's share your experience about the paperworks for registering a birth in Ecuador.

What are the formalities to obtain a birth certificate?

What is the procedure to follow if both parents are of the same nationality or for a mixed couple?

Thank you in advance for participating,

David

I am about to have a little one but I am clueless on how to register him/her in the USA and here in Ecuador.  I hope some helpful information pops up here on this.

Mike
themiddleoftheworldecuador.blogspot.com

Ok, this is the deal:

Certificado de nacido vivo:
Is a certificate that has the babies foot print, is sign and sealed by the Dr and the hospital where the baby were born.

There is another doc (dont remember how its call) where apears the parents name, and the mothers answer when she was asked the question: who is the father of the baby?

I know, sounds crazy. But it happen when my nephew and niece were born (2008,2009). They ask my sister in love, not my brother. Then, my brother sign a doc.

They gave copies of this doc to my brother in order to register the baby at the gov office.

If the Civil Registration has office at the hospital, just you ask for it and they do everything.

If Civil Registration has not office at the hospital, you get the Certificado de Nacido Vivo and the baby to the closest Civil Reg Office, sign the doc and is done.

Why I say get the papperwork and the baby? Because they will take a pic of the baby and give you the babies  cedula.

Be sure to make a few copies, in full color. They ask for copies as crazies.

Make copies of your passports, visa and cedulas.

Next to it, (im not sure, but for Chilean citizens is this way) You get the paperwork from Civil Reg and go to the CONSULATE, not embassy and they register the new citizen. I will suggest to check in the consulates website in order to have all paperwork together and dont waste time and money.

My Blog: goodlifeinecuador.wordpress.com