Moving to libya with kids

Hi everyone.my husband got a job in Benghazi and we are supposed to move there in two weeks time but im wondering if it is safe especially moving with two kids ages 5 and 3.if someone can assist me with information on schools and accomadation.if Benghazi is not safe we could stay in Tripoli(if its any safer)and husbaand can visit us there.Any help please.

Hi
about Benghazi I don't know ,but in Tripoli I can tell you that is fairly safe ,especially  the area near downtown.

Thanks will surely consider tripoli if i dont get beeter feedback for benghazi...

I don't think Tripoli is a good place for a woman to come and live alone with your kids and your husband away in Bengazi. Do you know anyone in Tripoli or will your husband's employer help you out? If you live in one of the compounds that should be ok but to live in Tripoli is difficult and lots of problems all the time at the moment.
You would be better in Malta or Istanbul.

tripoli is safer than europe

Well if you wants to move with your Husband to libya then best option is to live with him either in Benghazi or in Tripoli.and there are some schools in benghazi for your kids.There are many foreigners working and living in Benghazi and for safety concern you just need to be cautious as you be in any other country.

Thanks

Dear Members,

Please note that some off topics posts have been removed from this discussion

Thank you

Maximilien

Tripoli is much safer than Benghazi I think. :)

Tripoli is safer than Benghazi

Personally, I'd feel more secure (as can be) in Tripoli than Benghazi right now.    If you have the choice, I'd definitely choose Tripoli.   It will not be easy, but I believe it will be a bit safer.

It will always be safer if you live in the same city with your husband.  But Benghazi is problem. I would suggest Misurata for you to stay regarding safety issues.