Brit Girl!

Brit girl here new in Uttara....where can I meet up with other Brits...being starred at all the time and laughed at in some cases as if I have two heads, is starting to get to me...just 4 weeks into the project!

Can anyone help!!!:)

Hi B, welcome to desh. There are several places to meet up with Brits and other expatriates living in Bangladesh. Have you tried some of the expat clubs?

Cheers!

I used to be fm Blackpool College .

Cheers,
Capt Chowdhury

Hello B-on-the-Move.

Here is the list of British expatriates in Dhaka. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Join the BAGHA club, you can get a temporary membership

^Can you just go there in person and join on the spot or does it need to be done beforehand?

check there website and give them a call.
You will have to fill in an application, if only for a couple of months then it should not be an issue

Ok! any ideas how much the membership there costs?

about 4000 Taka a month if you take permanent membership then whatever you spend each month on beer/coffee/food/tennis court rental. ( currently a beer is 200 BDT )
if you take temporary membership you buy tickets in books of 1 or 2 ooo BDT, which gives you 800 or 1600 BDT ( thus membership cost is in the ticket )
Give them a ring today as they might be closed over Eid
http://thebagha.blogspot.sg/

I found this great site....

dhakasnob.com/index.htm

You may go to the British High Commission or British Council.
I will be glad if you consider me to have a nice time.
I am working in a Telecommunication company.

I live in Lalmatia, Dhaka.

My Cell: 01711501345
email: [email protected]

Wish you good time in my city.

Shorif

BRIT girl....Welcome to Bangladesh. I also live in Uttara. I wish I could have a cup of coffee with you in Uttara. :) Nice to meet with u.

Feel free to communicate with me. [email protected]

Hi  moniruzzaman,

Please note that this thread is a year old.

Regards,

David.

Hi , what kind of help you are looking for,
This is dinesh from india.
You can call me @ )17689 76071

Hi  dineshnn,

Please note that this topic is quite old. :)

Thank you,

David.

Hey Uttara is not the place to find brits. For brits you must live in Gulshan, lots of brits live there

I on behalf of every other Bangladeshi would like to apologize to you for any inconvenience or trouble that we may have caused u during ur stay here, i would also like to apologize for needlessly men hitting up on you here and if that had made u feel uncomfortable in any way.