Apply online first or go there as tourist?

Hi guys!

Im also new here.
Im planning to apply in maldives, is it a good decision to go there as a tourist and apply for a job once im there?
Or should i apply online first? How long will it take?
Im looking for a job in sales and marketing in hotels.

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks so much:)

Hi christineanne,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have created a new topic as from your post on the Maldives forum for better visibility.

Wish good luck in your search,
Christine
Expat.com team

Hello christineanne

You can not apply for a working visa from inside the country if you are on a tourist visa.
First, you have to find a job, then the company will provide you with the details and paperwork you need to bring and the company will start the process.
When you will be in the country, they will finalyse everything.

If you come and enter the country on a tourist visa then find a job, before starting anything, the company will need you to leave the country, start the process, then you will be able to come back.

It can take a little while, as the gouvernment recently changed the visa process. Something around 3-4 weeks I think.

Best of luck!

Hi Christineanne,

Having a job is better. Coming here as a tourist is also fine only if you have connections and requires money for return ticket, accommodation and pocket money.

Cheers

:cheers:http://www.job-maldives.com/

hi , before you come here you have to get visa through your employer.

there are many recruiting agencies here ,if you send me your cv i could of help to you.