Married to Slovenian in US- want to stay in Slovenia

Hello, So my wife is from Slovenia and we married here in the USA(she has her greencard now).
We are going to Slovenia and I would like to stay longer than the basic 3 month visa. Is there anything I can do to stay longer since we are already married? Thanks!

Hello Cryptochild.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

You can get a status of a foreigner if you are married to Slovenian. Like 1 year family visa.

how long does it take to get a family visa card??

But you can't get family visa since you are not married. Depends on the papers you need. Quickly, but the paper translation and preparation takes most of the time.

Hi,

I am from india , i got a job offer in slovenia , office admin job, i am pure vegetarian , i like to know that are there veg food is available , please reply me , i can't live withour veg food , even i can manage with milk and bread , pls reply me soon

You have an Indian restaurant at Tromostovje turn right and walk 100m. Your job sounds strange. Make sure it's not fake.

ramehkumar m sewag wrote:

Hi,

I am from india , i got a job offer in slovenia , office admin job, i am pure vegetarian , i like to know that are there veg food is available , please reply me , i can't live withour veg food , even i can manage with milk and bread , pls reply me soon

[Moderated: Off topic]

My name is samer from iraq I worked in a British company there after my study in UK .. I decided with my gf to get married and she is from Slovenia. It's impossible to apply fir visa from iraq to Slovenia because we don't have embassy there so we are planning to get married in turkey which easy for both if us to go there for visit . Is it possible to get married in another country and I am from iraq and she is from Slovenia?? What is the right thing to do about this ?

Salam Samsaf,

You can ask for Guarantee Letter from your gf family, they will send it to you, ou can ask on Austrian, German or Swiss Embassy for authorization, coz usually these embassies work for Slovenija too. Then get married in Slovenija, and you can apply for visa in Slo. Depend on you nationality, education ect., but usually they give 2 years at first. Good Luck!