Working as a pharmacist (english speaker) - information?

Hello!

I'm a portuguese pharmacist, I've worked for the last year here in Portugal but I'm recently unemployed and really looking forward to start a new experience.

Can someone tell me, please, if there are jobs in the pharmacy area, where I can start as a trainee and then, as I learn icelandic, "become" a pharmacist? Friends told me that in Germany, for example, it's possible to do that. But I've a preference for nordic countries.

Anyone working in the pharmaceutical industry or a laboratory could give me some advice? I speak english (lived for 3months in Scotland and I'm taking my CAE certificate), as well as basic spanish and french. But not icelandic (yet).

Thank you!

I've been working in medical software that involves the network of pharmacies, and my first thought is: it's not really an industry in such a small country!

Second though is that maybe the Icelandic medicine agency would be a place you can start for some more information.

The word for pharmacist in Icelandic is lyfjafræðingur.

To give you an idea of the size of the country, here's a list of ALL registered pharmacists:
http://www.lyfjastofnun.is/Lyfjastofnun … a_Islandi/

google translate should be able to do some kind of job on this site to help you learn more about credential transfer.

As for job hunting, here are the job sections for two "major" (again, keep in mind the size of the country) pharmacy chains. Neither are currently looking for pharmacists though:
http://www.apotekarinn.is/Forsida/Umokkur/Atvinna/http://www.lyfja.is/Lyfja/Starfsmenn/LausStorf/

I am an American pharmacist interested in moving to Iceland.  Did you make the move?  Any advice for someone else making the move?

Thank you!

Hi there, ended up working in London instead ;) if you need any help regarding it, just let me know.

hello
i am an engneering ,my name is boukhemis oualid i  have 28 years
i want to know you more

boukhemis oualid wrote:

hello
i am an engneering ,my name is boukhemis oualid i  have 28 years
i want to know you more

who are you trying to know more?

I am Anoop from India looking to work as a pharmacist in Iceland,,any one cab guide what are the procedure s to register as a pharmacist there..

Aparently the recruiter that i spoke to said to me that it wont be posible to find work in iceland if you are not from the eu and you must have an eu pasport ? Can anyone give me anny advise or who can help me to find a job I Am an Art director Graphicdesigner but also would not mind doing shop atending bartending even farmwork please if anyone can assist me.. We siting with an massive unemployment rate in my country Im a skilled hardworking person i can send you my website and cv kind regards

rita-afonso wrote:

Hi there, ended up working in London instead ;) if you need any help regarding it, just let me know.

Hello i am a pharmacist with russian diplôme and i am from Tunisia i am asking haw Can i  fond à job in England thank you

Hi Rita,
I was wondering how i can move to london as a pharmacist
I am from iran, and i am managing a pharmacy (drugstore) here.
Also I have the Pharm.D degree in pharmacy.
I hope you can guide me through this.
Thanks

Farshid.asiaee wrote:

Hi Rita,
I was wondering how i can move to london as a pharmacist
I am from iran, and i am managing a pharmacy (drugstore) here.
Also I have the Pharm.D degree in pharmacy.
I hope you can guide me through this.
Thanks

Why are you asking about work in London in the Iceland forum?
I suggest you ask your question on the London/England forum.

Congratulations madam,
Madam I am working here in India as a pharmacist from past six years now want to move abroad in Iceland or UK can you help me.

Would love to know how I can go about moving to Iceland, Denmark, Iceland, Germany, England, or France and work as a pharmacist.  I've been a pharmacist for the last 7 years in the USA and hold a doctorate in pharmacy.  Able to speak Vietnamese, not that it will help much in these other countries.

Indeed, you should learn the language oof the country where you want to work. Some countries (above all Germany and Nordic) offer language courses and specific programs for the non-speaker wanting to work in these countries. Moreover, you must to recognize your graduate on enic-naric.

@rita-afonso please help me too im based in RSA

What are your skills and degrees?

@rita-afonso

hey Rita can you guide me the process you followed for london.

@Mr.EKhan

Hello, this is an old thread and I am closing it. It's been 6 years since Rita last posted.

Please open a new thread on the Iceland forum to seek advice from active members.

All the best

Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed