Relocation timeline for joining a multinational in Nairobi

Hello everyone.
Lots of great info on this blog.  I am looking to relocate long term with my family to Nairobi and am close to getting an offer from a multinational there.  I want to make my departure here with my current employer smooth.  There are a lot of key responsibilities I need to transfer over (it is not in my character to cut and run!)
Does anyone have any experience regarding how long it takes to go from job offer until you actually move to Kenya and start working?   I have moved internationally before within Europe and USA. 
I assume it is not a fast transfer with visa requirements, household goods shipment, etc...  My instinct  says 2-3 months?
Does anyone have any experience with this?
Thank you!
-Greg

Hello. You need to allow 3 - 4 months for shipping of your personal effects but aim to be in country for their arrival.

Concerning job offers; once you have accepted an offer, the company will have to apply for a work permit on your behalf.  I understand that this process can take around 3 months.  I would hesitate to recommend that you hand in your notice prior to your work permit being issued, just in case the application is not accepted.

Logonot62. Thank you for your insight. Very helpful.