S-PASS rejected , how high the chance for the appeal to be approved?

Hi all,

so here is my situation :
- i have attained my bachelor degree in Indonesia, no working experience
- I took master degree in singapore (MBA),
- I found a job, salary almost 3k, but not 3k. Therefore the company applied Spass for me.
- My spass is rejected
- week after, the company contacted me said " MOM requested your master cert for the appeal"
- I have sent the cert to my company, and they submitted the appeal 3rd Oct,

My questions are:
- the reason for my rejection is "the candidate is not eligible" but i took the SAT test, and i am eligible for spass, then what makes me not eligible?

- though on MOM website, stated that appeal takes at least 3 weeks , many of my friends said if it s rejected again , normally it will takes only around 3 days, so the longer the process, the better chance to be approved, is it true?

- Is it true, that MOM can request a particular document that they want to support the appeal (such in this case, the HR said " MOM requested your cert for appeal" ?

Thanks all.

I am so stressful and bothered now .

You sent me the same questions as PR.
For the benefit of others in a similar situation, I answer it again here - but in future, please only ask once (and preferably in the forum, unless private information is involved).

- It looks like your company forgot to include your M.Sc. in the first application - otherwise MoM would have asked for the certificate then, instead of rejecting.
- MoM checks all applications carefully. This can take anything between one day and two/three months, especially if your overseas school does need time to reply to MoM's enquiry about the degree's validity. There is nothing you can do but wait!
- Freshly graduated B.Sc. holders are expected to earn at least S$3000 (soon to be raised) and apply for a Q1 pass, M.Sc. holders and people with work experience need to earn more than that to be eligible for an EP.
- It is currently very difficult to get an EP (incl. S-Pass) without any work experience.

Good luck - you'll need it!

hi beppi thanks again for your response.

i was rejected the next day after the application submitted. is it normal ? or is it because while i was studying here in singapore, i threw a cig butt and got fine, i did pay the fine. however now i thinking maybe because i got one littering fine, and then MOM system will automatically rejected me, and there is no chance for me to get the pass . what is your opinion beppi ?

Thank you very much for all of your info, its really helpful.

MoM rejects applications quickly if they are without merit (i.e. applicant is ineligible), or contain obviously false (faked) information. All other cases take longer to check.
A minor fine for littering is no problem (and won't even show in their system), only a criminal conviction will cause rejection.

my comment might be not helpful but as Indonesian myself I heard many fresh graduates are easily get rejected for EP / SPASS.
better go home work in Indo..work very hard in 1-2 years and then find future sg employer that at least can offer you more than 4500

hi this is rajendran thirumurugan i from india last 1 1/2 years i have applied 3 times Ep and 1 time spass all the visas rejected finally company has to appeal the spass today i have received the message from the comapny it will be rejected again so totally i was fetup so finally what i can do please gave me an idea

It is impossible.to tell, from the very limited information you gave, why you were rejected.
To be approved in future, you need to remove those reasons. E.g. If the reason was lack of (or not recognised by MoM) education, you need to go to a (recognised) school or university first, if the reason was too little applicable work experience, you should work a few years  in a related job elsewhere first, etc.
Just applying (or appealing) again, without a change in your particulars, will not help.

Do you have friends that got approved for an appeal fos spass ?can you share how long is the processing time? Thanks

It does not help to have friends whose pass was approved and the processing time is different for each case - currently 1 - 3 months.