[new feature] private messages & contacts system

Hi everybody,

We've released a first version of a private messages & contacts system. These features will be improved in the next few weeks.

Please let me know if you notice any problem ;)

Julien

Saw that....neat neat neat!

Hi Julien

How do I find other members do you have a directory of them.

I would just love to get hold of other expats here in Abu Dhabi as I dont really know any one yet.

Many thanks

Have a look to the expat network section ;)

how i cant send massages thats really bad
its said i had to active my privet masage

You are probably in the same case than I am, you need to post in the forum to activate fully your PM box, it is a kind of spamming protection.

I fully understand the protection issues but how many postings will it take to activate the PM functions because I have received PM & was looking to reply to them?

Hello Zezeloeusid, Guillaume83 and Javertjs,
This post by Julien: Anti spam system & new rules explains why private mail boxes are sometimes blocked for newcomers :)
But I trust that by now your private mail box is unblocked! Could you give it a try?

hi we cant send private messages what is wrong ?

medi1 wrote:

hi we cant send private messages what is wrong ?

If you have taken the time to read any of the hundreds of other postings about private messages you would know that you must participate in the forums in order to "activate" your private message privileges. The more you participate the larger your mailbox capacity becomes. That's all.

Also, do not send out copy and paste messages in the private message system - We have an Anti-Spam System that will automatically lock your mailboxes out if you send more the 5 copy and pastes.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Rosa,

You need only do exactly what the message you get back when trying to send a private message says.... participate in the forums. Know what? The more you participate the larger the capacity of your mailboxes gets too.

Expat-blog's Automated Anti-Spam System requires that members participate in the forums to activate their message privileges. This is in order to protect all members, including you, from unwanted, unsolicited, annoying or abusive messages.

It is not the intent of Expat-blog to simply be another free e-mail address. If that's what you want, there is always hotmail or gmail for this.

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67118.gif  Cheers,  http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67054.gif
  William James Woodward – Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR