Visa vs work permit

I am moving to Trinidad and Tobago in near future to work. My employer has applied for work permit on my behalf and expecting it to be approved shortly. I would appreciate if somebody could tell me if I need to apply for and obtain visa separately even if I am granted a work permit? Official websites say, being Nepalese citizen, I need a visa to enter T&T. (I put the same question to the department of immigration of T&T. Unfortunately I have not received any response yet).
Heaps thanks in advance.

Yes.. you need Visa.

I'm not an immigration official but a visa and work permit are basically the same in that they will both allow you to enter the country legally. The difference is that you need a work permit visa in order to work in Trinidad and Tobago; legally.

Thanks for your message. Am glad.

I am a permanent resident here in japan.i want to know how and where can i obtain a tourist visa so i can visit my friend in trinidad and tobago?thank you very much....

i am now in trinidad and tobago already

Beneforia: You may need to go to the immigration offices to file for a multiple entry visa.  The multiple entry visa will allow you to leave and come back any time and not pay the visa waiver fee.  (this is different from the work permit).

What about working? Cos, I got a job already. I been on interview n employed. I told my employer that I got no permit n he says he will watch my performance for 2 weeks then, he will process my permit. I also met a foreigner here n he told me that my employer is in a better position to get a work permit for me. Do u have an idea concerning this subject?

Benoforia, sorry I thought you already had a work permit :)  But I must have been confused with AleMagar!  Your friend is right, it's easiest for an employer to file for you (although I think you can also get a lawyer to file on your behalf if you're a consultant).  Hopefully they can get you one, it can be hard for companies to obtain visas for foreigners.  (You might need to pay for a bond though...your employer should ask their contacts in immigration.)

Once you have your work permit, that gives you permission to work in TNT...but only that.  (I think other countries  call the work permit "visas").  If you have plans to ever leave and come back to TNT (i.e. if you go on vacation) while you have a work permit, you need to also get a multiple entry visa. 

You'd file for this on your own by showing your work permit to the immigration dept.  This way you can go and come without having to pay the visa waiver fee (60 USD) at the airport every time you enter the country.  If you have no plans to leave TNT while working here, the multiple entry visa isn't necessary.

@Sanmig, and @AleMagar try emailing the TNT embassy in NYC ([email protected]). They may be able to help you out if you do need a visa.

I didn't have to pay the 60usd at the airport when I arrived. And if ma eyes were in good function at the time I can't remember anyone paying a fee of some sort. It was free n easy.

[Moderated: off topic]

My name is Charles Owusu Ansah, a Ghanaian living in South Africa, and I would like to know if I apply for Visa and work permit to Trinidad and Tobago, how did I do, and where can I start, and how much it would cost me?

Thank you.

Hello I'm zeeshan is here from Pakistan and currently working in UAE as a driver job and I would to get work permit for tirinidad and tabago but actually I don't have any Idea about work permit how should apply for work visa please let me know about work visa waiting for any one response thank you

Hi Zeeshan,

Have a look here : https://www.ttconnect.gov.tt/gortt/port … ork+Permit

All the best,
Bhavna

Please  tell me how much salary in Trinidad and Tobago per month

Hello sir
I'm  from IIndia and Trinidad and Tobago on arrival visa for indian
So I'm  coming in Trinidad and Tobago please can you help me for Convert tourist to work permit visa?

I hope see you soon

Moderated by Diksha 5 years ago
Reason : Please do not post personal information about you on the forum for safety reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct