Relocating to honduras from alberta canada

me and my husband are selling our home here in alberta and wanting to work and live in la ceiba honduras wanting to know info about receiving our canadian pension if living there permanately  would love to hear from yous also is best to bring your vehicle there or buy used vehicle when there also whats like to rent a car while there visiting what agency are there thank you for any info

susan from fox creek alberta

Hey Susan what are you planning on doing for work here in La Ceiba ? You can bring your vehicle here as long as it's not over 10 year sold. I would suggest selling it in Canada and purchasing one here unless you love your vehicle. There's a lot of taxi's in La Ceiba (over 2000) so depending where you stay you may want to use them as an affordable way of transportaion before deciding on living full time and locating yourself in a home or apartment. Avis is just off the main road near the La Ceiba 2 story mall. There's a couple attorneys's that can assist you with correct details regarding your Canadian pension.

Cheers

Hi all....I too am going to be moving to Honduras ASAP....buying a business in Roatan...I've read that any vehicle over 6 years old is not allowed, but it is in fact 10 yrs or older?  I have a 2005 Ford Escape that is in great shape and very low mileage that I know would be suitable for driving around!

our truck were bringing down is a 2004 gmc sierra but first when we fly down in august we will be renting a car from avis we will be down to buy our home  and get familiar with the area and to see what is needed to get residency and also to get a lawyer  to drawn up paper work on the house we purchase a friend of ours here  is ready to retire i wants me to look for a house for him also if i find he will forward the funds to me while im there we will be there from august 17th to august 26 our home here in canada is sold they take position august 15th looking forward to finally meet you and linda in order to bring our truck ther what are we looking at for fees any idea we will be pulling a cargo trailer with our personal belogings its going to take us 10 days to get to la ceiba long drive but hoping it will be all that can imagine

we have a small reno bussiness here husbaband looking to work in the constrution field for myself i would love to volunteer and wrk with the elderly and children have done this for 30 years off my life im a care giver plus work along side with my husband in renos

There will be plenty of opportunity in La Ceiba to start a small business and volunteer work. See you soon

Cheers

Awesome bungalow you have !! Really like the bamboo fence you had made

We are exploring moving to the Honduras F/T in the summer of 2014.  There are so many conflicting comments on the safety concerns about the Honduras, it's a bit hard to filter.  We are looking at a small development on the north cost, privately held, with security.  It's about 45 mins from Le Ceiba. The community is mostly expats and I know one other person directly that has bought from this developer.  We would be buying a house outright, any idea on what monthly expenses would be.  This move was prompted to improve the quality of our lives after retirement and still stay within our pensions.  Does any one have pets?  We have 2 cats but are concerned about their ability to travel this distance, has anyone transported their pets? 

Sasha how has the transition been?  How hard is it to set up your own business?  I would love to teach.

So many questions, thank you all for your time and consideration. :):):)

You might want to PM Sasha on this as she recently moved down (drove from Canada) with her husband and 3 dogs. Ask her her experience as a new comer here and have her post it up here on expat-blog

Hi, I sent sasha a PM but have not heard from her yet.  Would really like to hear about her driving experience as we are thinking of doing the same.  Do you know if anyone else has done this trip and how they did?