All about Ibri

hi all ive recently gotten a job offer in Ibri and i would like to knwo all there is to know about the area

what region is Ibri located

how is the expat community there?

what type of apartment can i expect RO 100- 200

How easy is it to get public transport to the capital

estimated cost of living ( i think it will be cheaper than the capital but im not sure by how much)

availability of leisure activities

Oman is very good and safe place to live in, i really support you to take this challenge ..
Afcurs it's not like muscat (the capital) but it's also good to discover the pure Omani cultures

have a nice day

Ibri is closer to Abu Dhabi and Dubai than Muscat, but not that I bother to go there.  Nice and quiet, it's my kinda place.  Love the silence and lack of traffic jams.  I can walk all over and my Indian tailor here makes better shirts than anything I will pay three times more for elsewhere on the planet. 

So what if the road between Ibri and Bahla is currently a bit of a driver's nightmare?  At some point the new double highway will be complete, allowing a really quick and safe drive to Muscat.

This place has everything an interested explorer will need.  However, little of this is found on maps.  Speak to the locals here and you will be surprised at just how much there is to do.

thanks for your expert correspondence andries

is there anyone else with some views on IBRI?

all ideas are welcome