How to make friends in Zambia

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in Zambia :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Zambia??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Hi there, how long r u living in Zambia ? Do u like it ? We r planning to moving to Zambia. I am trying to learn life in Zambia . We will be very happy if u share with us what u know about Zambia . Thank you !

It is really easy for an ex-pat to make friends in Zambia , the people are very friendly, nearly everone speaks English with varying degrees of fluency. You could attend church ,join a Gym, or go to a Pub, cafe or bar. As long as you yourself are friendly, show interest, and are easy going , no problem . There are also various clubs in Lusaka one can join . I found that Zambians are interested in talking to people from overseas too .

I am a mother of one. I made some very good friends through taking my kid to kids club and met other moms.

I agree with Johnty. Everyone here is so nice and welcoming - it's been so easy to meet people and settle in. The Zambians are an incredibly warm people.

I was terrified in the beginning and after considering just sitting in a cafe/pub and trying to start conversations with friendly looking strangers.... I found I met people through things like work, church, and through this website called internations.org ... I know it looks shiney and a bit too cheesy/flashy, but I actually met a lot of people through there.

The local ambassador Helen is doing a great job of trying to set up a big community in Lusaka, so if you want to meet other expats in Lusaka just come join InterNations and you'll be greeted by lots of friendly people who want to meet you!

I hope this helps!

Hi everbody
My name is Tawabi,i like one day work in zambia.am dentist by professin.my hobbies are travelling,listening musics,watching tv,reading books

Hello all

I worked in Zambia for a long time and found that it was extremely easy to make friends with people in Zambia - both the local Zambians and the expats alike.

Work places would be the best place to get to know your Zambian and expat colleagues.  You get to know them and within no time you are good buddies and the rest is history.  You need to be careful with unknown people who try to befriend you.

Clubs are another place where you get to know people.

Good luck to all the new entrants in Zambia and also those waiting to settle down there.

(Moderated: off topic)

[Moderated: Expat.com is NOT a dating website]

Hi I'm Rishi coming to lusaka on monday 3th june 2013. i will be there for a weeek coming to meet zamtel for a project will like to meet peoples.

regards

thank
rishi

Hello Rishi -> This thread is a year old. :/

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Rishi

am also coming to zambia soon. I will come anytime.

[Moderated: Expat-Blog is not a dating website]

I'm Rafael. I want to visit Zambia too. Would some one give me some information where can i find non-governmental organization - ONG. I love to work with people and help then, kids and family.

waiting for advices. Thanks.

@cavark

Am trying to get friends in Zambia who will help me to know more about there

Hello Franck,

Welcome !

This is an old thread ! That member has long left the website I presume !

May I request that you introduce yourself on the New Members thread for a good start.

All the best

Bhavna

[Thread closed - Old thread]

Closed