New Expat in Jakarta

Hi All,
My name is Pedro Casanova and I am on the look to get acquaintance's with several people, and make a new group of friends, usually I am always very close to Italian people, although I born In Portugal with some years' experience living in London, Paris and recently I was Living in Abu Dhabi.
So if you like to know and have a genuine friend please get in touch.

Regards
Pedro Casanova

Hi I'm joe,,,I hope to move to jakarta soon,I hope we can meet

Hi Joe,

Mate, when you came here I am more than glad to meet up, whaty is your status now? do you have a job offer and you equation to accept it?

I just rent a house today and dam it its expensive indeed.

See you Ya
Rgds
Pedro Casanova

hi Pedro and Joe.

I am mia from indonesia and live in jakarta. I hope to meet you both. If you need help please do not hesitate to ask me.

Regards
mia

how expensive?

Hi Wardha,
Its a 2 Bedroom Flat in the city center close to Office Tower Plaza, the name of the building its Executive something tower,If I am not wrong 68 Sqmeters for 1500US dollars a month.

Hi Mia,
Brilliant indeed, yes I accept your offer, let's see if we can manage to get a nice diverse group of International persons and go out altogether one of this nights, I did it in Abu Dhabi and I made dozens of friends, it's fantastic. 

Regards
Pedro

I know that place..it shud be able to down to 1200 usd :)
2 bed rooms flat in down town jakarta start at 900 usd - any price :P

Hi Pedro,
Welcome to the forum. Me too, i'm new here.
Anyway, you told that you've been living in Paris? For how Long? And do you know Vichy? A city not far from Nantes.... My office will having an exchange program to Vichy next month.
Maybe you can tell me some information about the city?
Next tuesday they (French ppl) will come to Jakarta also for the exchange program in our office.

Anyway for your rent house, i think it's expensive.
But in Jakarta actually it depends on the location.
Maybe you can try to look up the apartment.....for example, Morrissey service apartment, its near Menteng Area in central of Jakarta. The price is quite good. Some of my expat work colleages lived there.

Well, hope you enjoy Jakarta!  :D

Cheers

Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hello Pedro,

Welcome to the Big Durian, hope you're enjoying your stay here. Well, apart from the crazy traffic ofcourse.

Annie

Hi Pedro !
Welcome to Jakarta :)

Hi , waht do you do in Jakarta ? can you tell me your 1st experience in Jakarta?

hello pedro, welcome to jakarta.

hmm 1500 usd,is it the private lift or not? if not that expensive .

Hi,
Thank you for the warm welcoming, and no its not 1500US, and no I dont like to be isolated from the world, 1250US.

But is alright indeed, its more then what I do needd indeed. ;)

Kind regards
Pedro

Hi Pedro,

Hope you're settling into life in Jakarta - how long will you be staying for?  I'll be moving to Jakarta in September, so would be up for meeting (with anyone else - local or expat) when I arrive.

In the meantime, hope you have a chance to enjoy the city and beyond!

OLa Pedro,

Estou a pensar a mudar de vida e Indonesia é um dos paises em quais eu gostaria de espermentar viver.

FAlo Portugues, Frances, Allemao e Luxembourgues correctamente. Tambem  Falo Ingles e espanhol mas nao tao bem.

Em que ramo trabalhas (se nao é muito indiscreto)  qual sao as possiblidades de encontrar um emprego?

Obrigado

Amaral wrote:

OLa Pedro,

Estou a pensar a mudar de vida e Indonesia é um dos paises em quais eu gostaria de espermentar viver.

Obrigado

Hi, this is an English speaking forum :-)

Sophie Fisher wrote:
Amaral wrote:

OLa Pedro,

Obrigado

Hi, this is an English speaking forum :-)

Hi Sophie,
I do honestly apologise for Amaral, and indeed you are right, so kindly I do apologies for Him.

Amaral,
If you write in English mate, everyone can and sure it will be more capable to give you a friendly hand mate.

Hi Andrew,
Pleased to meet you mate. JKT it's a bit like, or you love it or you hate it, or even sometimes on the same day you experience both, me I am often on a move around the country and out, although is a very hard impact for first timers, me I landed from Abu Dhabi, and there life is 5 stars, too much pampering I presume, but after a fortnight I see myself relatively well adapting, Adaptation can take a while.

Positive side, everything is close, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia etc etc, so when you come, gives us a shout I can show you a bit of the good places to go mate.

BTW, Indonesia has been rated as the 2 world wide fastest growing economy, a bit pricy something's, but if you look the good things in life, all comes with a price isn't it!?

Best wishes
Pedro Casanova

Ola Amaral,
Mate if you think to swap LUX. for Indonesia related with previous experience you had in Thailand, I honestly  advise you to come and watch JKT first. It's far different from your 1st Far East experience in Thailand. And be aware the Religion here is mainly Muslin, so a lot of traditions and costumes, as the praying times, the cordiality and subsequent respect for it, My driver stops to go Pray if we are on the road and I wait in the car Ex., although for me no worries I am used to it, and I speak a bit Arabic as well, so often I see myself teaching them the real deal.

English will be your main tool, but be alert to speak American English Slowly, I used to speak British English but  forget it, slang it's hard for them to understand, but they are brave and keen learners.

My Job, I am a Construction and Installation Engineer Manager for the National Oil Company, PERTAMINA, that's why I am always on the move, meanwhile I have the chance to meet brilliant, Intelligent, and sometimes wicked people here, and I am very social as well and that helps a lot.

Job here there is a lot, but be aware you will need to pay upfront 1 year rent, Ex: for my Flat I pay 20,000 US, and that is a fully furnished place in the center of JKT, close to one of my offices.

Good Luck, and within my boundaries If I could help you any further, gives a shout mate.

BTW, almost all the Pilots from LION Air here are from Portugal same age as me more or less, very cool people but often to crazy and wild, almost all ex Air Force guys, you know what I am saying, I hope.

Cordialmente
Pedro Casanova

Hi,

I am sorry, I forgot that this is an English speaking Forum.

All My apologizes . . .  :)

Hi Pedro,

Thank you Very Much for all this Informations. Think the first who I need do, is visit the country. I will Make a little Asian Tour this year. So I will have opportunity to become some impressions about this country.

Thanks a lot.

Amaral José

Amaral wrote:

Hi Pedro,

Thank you Very Much for all this Informations. Think the first who I need do, is visit the country. I will Make a little Asian Tour this year. So I will have opportunity to become some impressions about this country.

Thanks a lot.

Amaral José

Give us a shout when you're visiting. A lot of nice people on this forum :-)

Though I am out of the country most of the time, but I do fly back 3-4 times a year. My next stay in Jakarta will be in July and I will organize another gathering.  So I hope you guys will be able to join :-)

Annie

Hi Pedro,

Hope you enjoy Jakarta :) I moved to Jakarta 2 weeks ago, so if youre up for meeting, just let me know :) I would love to extend this to anyone else who wants to join us.

@sophie fisher, come back to indo quick!! lets get crazeee! lol

Cheers,
Sherly

PedroCasanova wrote:

Hi Mia,
Brilliant indeed, yes I accept your offer, let's see if we can manage to get a nice diverse group of International persons and go out altogether one of this nights, I did it in Abu Dhabi and I made dozens of friends, it's fantastic. 

Regards
Pedro

Hi Pedro, Mia and others interested in joining, I love your idea of a diverse group getting together to meet some new friends, lets do it!

Hi Pedro,

Welcome to jakarta! im so new to this site so i would love to meet u and maybe others who would like to just meet up and hang out, have some drinks.. i like to go out and have a good time! i will be living around sudirman area soon, still looking for a place, so let me know..

Cheers

Hi Pedro and Andrew,

welcome in Jakarta hope you both enjoy living in here.
If you guys like to hang out or interest about social life with local people & expat here, may be you guys can join with me & others, just let me know.

Ciao,
-Ilona-

Welcome to jakarta pedro,, :) , I m sure u will enjoy your live here,, enjoy the traffic, hectic, crowded, noisy,haha, but lovely people, warm, welcome, friendly,, a lot of hang out place here,, to refresh your mind, don't worry about the rent price tag, soon when u have a lot of friend u can share about it and find the best price,, gud luck ;) ,    warm regrads tika

Well, I haven't met an Portuguese here in Indonesia. I hope you are enjoying your time here in Jakarta bro. I went to Porto once, it was amazing. Let me know if you could manage to gather some people. i would love to join for some drinks. Would be great. Cheers

Hai..

Welcom to Jakarta. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

I think  Pedro has moved on.  He said hello in April and nothing since.  A lot of people seem to do that. Say hello, ask for stuff and then never bother to do anything else. Pretty pointless really.

lukereg wrote:

I think  Pedro has moved on.  He said hello in April and nothing since.  A lot of people seem to do that. Say hello, ask for stuff and then never bother to do anything else. Pretty pointless really.

Yeah, youre right.
I found Expat.com a couple of months ago while looking for someone to share an apartment with. And now I am checking it everyday :)
I find it very interesting reading what people have to say about certain topic.
I wish those people you were talking about found what theyre looking for. And, I also hope that they dont come back with different username everytime they need or looking for something.

Anyway, 20th October!! The Walking Dead :cool:

US$ 1500/monthly is not expensive i think. Its depends on ur facilities. :)