New iqama and subsequent transfer.

As salam alikum.
i arrived in saudi arabia about a month back on a house driver visa.
i have yet to get my iqama, everytime i ask the agent what is going on, he tells me some story.
the latest was that there are no iqama cards available.
is there a way i can find out if my iqama has been made and if it has, how can i find out the details of my iqama so i can submit it to the company that is willing to hire me.

i have been given to understand that only during the amnesty period i can transfer my iqama(of a house driver) to another company and change my profession.

I am an Indian and i am an engineer. i understand that procedure dictates that you should have your degree attested by the Saudi embassy in India. however that procedure will take too long.
i could not get it done prior to coming here because in order to get the HRD stamp i am required to have an offer letter which i do not have.

i have heard that u can get transferred to engineering visa during the amnesty period without having to show attested original but would have to produce them at a later time. if this is true it would be my best option. is it possible to get this done  ? if not, what would be my alternative since i need to transfer before the end of the amnesty period.

Please guide me.

Regards
Fuzail

fuzzz wrote:

As salam alikum.
i arrived in saudi arabia about a month back on a house driver visa.
i have yet to get my iqama, everytime i ask the agent what is going on, he tells me some story.
the latest was that there are no iqama cards available.
is there a way i can find out if my iqama has been made and if it has, how can i find out the details of my iqama so i can submit it to the company that is willing to hire me.

i have been given to understand that only during the amnesty period i can transfer my iqama(of a house driver) to another company and change my profession.

I am an Indian and i am an engineer. i understand that procedure dictates that you should have your degree attested by the Saudi embassy in India. however that procedure will take too long.
i could not get it done prior to coming here because in order to get the HRD stamp i am required to have an offer letter which i do not have.

i have heard that u can get transferred to engineering visa during the amnesty period without having to show attested original but would have to produce them at a later time. if this is true it would be my best option. is it possible to get this done  ? if not, what would be my alternative since i need to transfer before the end of the amnesty period.

Please guide me.

Regards
Fuzail

First things first, there are no shortage of Iqama cards, hence the agent is feeding you BS.

You can check the status of your Iqama on MOI website (I dont know if you can register yourself without Iqama or not).

Before the deadline you can easily change the profession/sponsor, hence try to get the Iqama asap.

The professions have been changing for Non-Engg and Non-Doctor positions (what I understand) without the degrees. If you want to have engineer mentioned on the iqama you might want to have the relevant document attested.

Hope this helps.

that is exactly what i figured.
when i enter my sponsors id no and year of birth on MOI website it says
"You do not have any sponsored persons within the Kingdom who have not been issued an Iqama yet"

so i would be able to change my profession to say a technician for now and then after attesting my documents change it to engineer ?
also is there really any benefit of having ones profession as engineer and not technicians ?
i understand most of the options afforded to engineers are also afforded to technicans
eg : family status, multiple exit re entry.. etc