Places to visit in Aruba

Hi,

For the ones living in Aruba, what would you suggest to discover the country?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Aruba, the tourist sites?

How to visit the country in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Aruba?

Thank you in advance for participating. ;)

Julie

Aruba is a small island, in 30 minutes (mid-low speed) you can drive from one coast to the other. It is very safe, probably the safest place I have been in my adult life. Activities are mainly in the tourist area, but on Thursday evening there is this weekly happening going on called "Carubbian festival". It's in San Nicolas from  6-10PM. I'd suggest to come at 5PM if you want to have a seat while enjoying local food. The event is actually quite nice with both local people and tourists.

I stayed there for a month, because I was exploring my options to live there. For a holiday I think 1 max 2 weeks is long enough.  Aruba is very Americanized as (Northern)Americans are the main target group.

The real Aruban culture is not as outspoken as you might see in other countries/islands, e.g. local markets, picturesque towns, nature's wonders. The pros of Aruba are safety, stable weather, amazing seawater and nice beaches, very friendly and elegant people. Life is easy.

I suggest you take a look at aruba.com, it's the official page of the Aruba tourism authority. It has very useful information about places to go and calendars.
Also you will find information on hotels and car rentals.
Worth to check it out.