Accommodation for upcoming visit

I'm so excited about my upcoming visit.  I'll be arriving late ( 10 Pm I think) Sept 30th in Quito.  Not sure if it's worthwhile to book a room for that night given I leave at 6 am the next morning for Cuenca.  You never know about delayed arrivals and how long it takes to go through immigration in Quito.  Haven't done an overnight at the airport in a number of years.  I was hoping someone could recommend inexpensive housing.  I'm planning on spending about a month scouting out Cuenca as a retirement home.  I'd like to be within walking distance of old town.  I'm hoping to hook up with expats that have made the move to learn what I can.

I realize it!s kind of late....but I'd be willing to bring a few hard to find items with me as luggage space permits.  Let me know.

Lastly, do I need to bring an electrical converter?  Thanks in advance.

No, you don't need an electrical converter. Plug types and voltage are the same as in the USA.

You might want to consider taking an overnight bus rather than attempting to rent a room for a few hours in the middle of the night. I don't know how it is during the late night hours, but the trip from the new airport to Quito can be rough. The road is not able to handle the amount of traffic, so travelling the modest distance can take a lot longer than expected. If you've already booked your onward travel to Cuenca, I'd just hunker down and wait at the airport.

Lady, I agree with Jesse your best option is to stay at the airport for the evening.
I suggest you not bring packages for others unless you know them very well.

Thanks for the responses.  I've booked my flight from Quito to Cuenca the following morning at 6am....so I'll likely get only a few winks. I guess my best bet will be to overnight at the airport.  It will give me an opportunity to practice my miserable Spanish with the night cleaning crew. 

Was hoping someone could recommend a budget hostel or other lodging centrally located for October.  I wonder if I should look into contacting Spanish schools that might be able to arrange a home stay.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks to all responders.  Looking forward to seeing some of you Tuesday.

Hi Lady Leeper,

You should check out the Hostels in Ecuador in the directory please :)

Thank you

Maximilien