Madagascar wood

hi,
I heard about madagascar wood and that they are very good.
does anyone has ideas about them?
Honestipays

am also looking for information on that as well, and hope to get info for exporting into china as well

as far as I know, the rough wood in Madagascar (rose wood, Ebene, pallissander)  cannot be legally exported because of the illegal traffic that mainly local chinese and malagasy business men are involved in . Officially it cannot be exported but everyone knows that even the president of transition of Madagascar is involved in the traffic , so it's not a clean business, moreover the forest of Madagascar is wildely destructed by this wood traffic that do not benefit the local people , money is going in the politician pockets ... every one is free to do the business he wants but God is above all conscience, so each one should be careful before doing such business... "we can do whatever we want to... but not everything may be good or helpful" (1Cor10/23)

It is a pity that people are selling the wood for their own gains. I think there is legal way to hew woods. In all other places, governments have the policy of cut one plant two to encourage tree planting. What do you think?

Yes, it's a pity, since 4 year now the government said that he would establish a policy to avoid wood traffic but each day going on, nothing is done cause they have too much benefits with it

To be frank, there is no place where cutting of wood is banned. I llegal cuuting is only banned and government encourage cutting legal cutting of wood as long as new one are planted in place. If you dont cut the wood, will they grow forever? Thats why we want to look for legal means to buy wood fro madagascar.
What do you think?

you are completely right, but before cutting the wood, you need to think how you will replace them , how long it will take for the wood to grow, so you have to limit the cutting and do it with discipline but here in Madagascar the wood is cut wildely like the government image

hi guys,wood cannot be easily exported or it is a difficult task,but may be someone can help me  by giving me information where i can get ready made furniture to buy in Madagascar and bring back to my country..thanks