House hunting in Pristina, looking for advice

Hello everyone,

New member here, just arrived in Pristina a week ago.  I'm currently living in a small apartment but am looking for a house for my family, who will arrive in August.  We have four kids aged 4-11, so we'll need someplace fairly substantial.  A couple of questions:

1)   When we were childless, we liked living with the locals.  But now that we have kids, we find that we want to be closer to other expats -- play dates, doing homework together, carpooling to work and school, and so forth.  So: aside from International Village, in which neighborhoods do most expats live? 

2)  We're looking for a long-term rental (a year or more).  What are things to particularly watch out for? 

3)  Does anyone have a realtor that they would particularly recommend?

many thanks in advance,

Doug M.

Hi Doug,

Welcome to Expat-blog :).

I suggest you check out Houses for rent in Kosovo section which might be helpful.

You can post a request in the Housing in Kosovo section as well.

Good luck with everything :D.

Maximilien

Hi Douglas,

Welcome in town! Most expats live in the Dragodan area (up the hill where the embassies are). So you might want to check that out. there seem to be many places for rent there at the moment.

I know a nice family that rents out a spacious apartment near the Sirius hotel. Their tenant leaving by the end of July. Landlady (Ms Kuraja) can be reached at 044963953

Perhaps you would enjoy living outside of Pristina, in a nice neighbouring village... Perhaps you should check out Gracanica - village is nice and has a public open air swimming pool. Nice for the kids when it gets really hot in summer.

Hope you feel at home soon,
Nienke

Dear Douglas, I will be hearing next week whether we will come to Pristina for several years in September. I am single with two kids of 10 and 12 years old and would like to know some experiences arriving in the country from your side (house hunting, schools, etc.).

Hoping to hear from you, Laura

I think that will be helpful to write e-male to *** they will send to you picture and everything about apartment or house .

[moderated: no free ads please]

Dear Douglas,

I have a friend who may help you with apartments, *** .

Best

Closed