Moving to Mwanza

Hi,

I currently live in the UK, and have just been offered a job out in Mwanza, which I'm keen to accept.

I don't really have much of an idea about where to start though - obviously, moving out is likely to be extremely complicated and probably quite stressful, so the more information I can get the better I can prepare for it.

Are there any expats around who currently live in Mwanza?  It would be useful to get an idea of what the social life is like out there.

My prospective employer should be able to help a lot with the move, but it would be handy to get some feedback from people who've done this in the past.

Thanks!
Dom

Hi Dom,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I suggest you to go through the Tanzania forum, this might help know more about your destination.

Thank you,

David.

Dom
Igrew up in Mwanza and often Travel to Mwanza.
What I can tell you is Mwanza is a cleanest city in Tanzania and its fast growing, however, the cost of living is still affordable. Let me know if you need more info

Am ready to help! U can  email me through [email protected] for more information

dom

For cost of living try numbeo.com   

I was last in Mwanza 2003, whilst working for a mining company in Tulawaka and Bulyanhulu. and it was an enjoyable stay.

Hi  benson11,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Can you please avoid posting in Caps Lock, this make your text hard to read.

Thank you,

David.

[moderated: off topic.]

it is a cool place Mwanza...

which company has offered you a job??? tell me so that i can assist you....i stay in mwanza..