Upcoming visit

I'm on my way to Cuenca for about a month.  I'll be arriving Oct 1st.  I've been anxious to take a good look around to determine if this will be a good place to retire.  I'm hoping to talk to as many expat retirees as possible to get an idea of what it's like.  Yes, I know everyone's experience and expectations are different.  Still,I'd like to hear the good, bad, and the ugly.  Also, I'd like to know if there's anything that I should consider bringing that might be difficult to get there.  I hope someone can recommend a good place to stay for a month.....preferably a furnished studio or one bedroom.  Thanks.  Looking forward to hearing from you

Hi
Have you thought about staying at a b&b, I only suggest that as you are only there for a month and talking to the host, you might be able to get to hear and learn from the host's experience and getting around.
When I was there a few months ago, the host arranged for one of her other guests someone to take her around looking at rentals. It cost her 10$/hr. I went along with them and she actually found a really nice place that seemed to be suited really well for her.
I loved Cuenca hope you do too:-)
Hans

Yes perhaps I should check out a b&b.  My budget is modest given that I'm still maintaining a house cars etc.  until I decide to make the move.  I'm not looking forward to selling all my stuff.  But I guess I'm getting ahead of myself.  Thanks for your suggestion.