Contents Insurance in Beijing - HELP!

Hi Ex-Pats,

I am looking for a contents insurance provider. I would prefer to go with an English speaking company. I will only need contents, not house insurance as I will be living in University accommodation.

I would be interested to hear what companies people use and would recommend?

Thanks very much, looking forward to your replies.

Britt :D

try to see if your current UK insurance policy will cover it.

Not sure if you can get content insurance here. I have never heard of anyone that has it.

Manlin wrote:

Not sure if you can get content insurance here. I have never heard of anyone that has it.

Thanks very much, I am the most unlucky person ever so I thought it best to have this covered incase something was stolen from my room etc. But luckily the University I am staying in has it covered.

Thanks for the help :)

@britt_pearce, there are lots of insurance companies in Beijing cover content insurance; the company I work for--Dubon Properties and Causuties Insurance--well, you guess it from the name, covers the content insurance you are looking for.

Actually, I think this is one topic that don't get discussed a lot on this blog: how to stay safe aboard and protect against losses. If you already have insurance coverages from home country, and I think that' s the case for most expats, then you can be worry free. But if you don't have, or want to be extra careful, there are some fantastic insurance products in Beijing and all around China that you can do some research on, e.g., content insurance, short term insurance for traveling, basic causuty insurances, etc.

[Moderated]

Best wishes!