Requirements to teach yoga

Hi I'm interested in teaching yoga in China. I will get my yoga teaching certificate next year. Would I need a degree in order to get a foreign expert certificate, or would my yoga certificate be enough?

I've heard there are exceptions to the 4 year degree requirement for a foreign expert certificate. I know this is true in other countries, such as Vietnam. In Vietnam, if the standard of a profession is a certificate, then that certificate is all that is needed. I'm hoping this is true for China as well.

Thanks
HerbDoc

Hi HerbDoc,

the official wording is that foreign experts in the cultural, medical or educational field (I assume yoga instructor would fit into one of these fields) need to hold at least a bachelor degree and two years of working experience. In order to obtain a foreign expert certificate you would need to find an employee in China who helps you to apply for the certificate.

While there are lots of Yoga Schools in China (here in Beijing there are at least a dozen I know of) that mostly cater to foreigners it might be a bit difficult to apply while you are still not in the country. If you are not risk adverse I would travel to China on a tourist Visa and apply with some schools directly, I am quite positive that you will find something and that they will be able to help with your Visa. However, if you want to be save you will need to get in touch with a school before travelling to China.

Hope this helps,
Sebastian