Processing time for visa approval

My employer told me that my working permit. Was approved already. May I know the processing lead time for visa approval. I'm done wt final medical exam as advised by agency. Btw, I will be asigned in lae.

Could take 4 weeks or more. There is no set time for issuing of visas. It is all dependent on the visa office and their order of priorities for visas.

I take it that this is your first time in PNG ?? If so then read other posts on the PNG forum regarding safety in PNG.

Hello scorpion13.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Papua New Guinea forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thank you. Sounds like India !!!! Yeah first time in PNG.
Have viewd the thread on safety. Wats the price of food stuff in Tabubil....

Food is pricey in Tabubil as it shipped from Moresby to Kiunga then trucked up to Tabubil.

Hi stumpy. Thanks for the feedback. I've been reading a lot of info from various websites to know vital info about living in png. I already received update on my visa status and hope to be there before end of june. You're right, leadtime varies due to many factors like medical exam clearance which in some cases will be repeated in case of negative findings. Regards

Scorpion 13: are you now in PNG? How do you find it?

can someone advise me as to how long the entire process takes. My papers have just been submitted for registration at the nursing council.

Scorpion 13.. May I ask what are the usual expenses you have encounter on your application to PNG? And how much the total that cost you? Thank you?

Good day!

Companies have different policies regarding fees. But generally, all expenses related to application processing including placement fees are shouldered by the employer. Including also poea, initial payment for owwa, pagibig and sss.

I spent only few thousands for the medical/dental exam. You will undergo check-up 2x. During filing of application for work permit and before filing of visa to PNG embassy in the phils.For the medical/dental fees I spent Php4k, excluding dental treatment and addtl medical consultation.

Your placement agency is more than willing to discuss this with you as their SOP.

Scorpion13, thank you so much.. You really are such a nice person. Thank you for guiding me.. I am vey excited and hoping that I can give bright future towards my loved ones. Thank you for for inspiring me. Godbless

email on [email protected] for my assistance .Am based at Port Moresby

Hi elix.fix > i invite you to share some information on the forum so that everyone can benefit from it.

Thank you,
Christine

Hi Christine,

I will do that standby

regards

Elijah

Thank you all for the help..