NZ Immigration from India

[justify]Hello,

I am an Indian citizen wishing to migrate to NZ to be with my partner.He holds NZ PR and has a full time fixed job there.
I have contacted several consultants but all in vain; haven't got my doubts cleared..
First, I only wish to know "Can I apply for a Visitor Visa to just visit the country to see if it suits me? I am a Computer Science Engineer,hold a Masters in Management Degree and have a good job here in India.
Would be really thankful if any of you guys can help me from your experience regarding this.

PS - From what I have heard is that my visitor visa application holds less chances of getting approved. Why is that so? Can't I see the country once before deciding to move there?

Thanks a ton for help!!

Hi,  you should be able to get a visitors visa if you can show INZ you are a genuine visitor. You are entitled to visit family and friends but of course INZ may realise your intentions and want certainty that you are a visitor and don't just plan to stay. So I would imagine things like a job,  family to return to; a return flight etc will show you don't intend to stay here. But the reason you won't get help from immigration advisers is that they cannot provide advice without full facts.

** not intended to be immigration advice **

For visa information. forms and online applications
www.immigration.govt.nz