The cost of living in Bosnia Herzegovina

Hallo,
This is my first post and maybe it will be usefull for someone.
First of all when you arive to Bosnia you need to know that the best thing to do is to change your money to KM, you can do it in Banks, or Post Offices, you can ask someone for directions.
My Place is Konjic, but I will talk more about Sarajevo.
>Acomodation prices from 100 euros and above per month, depends on where do you find place to stay, and how much acomodation you want. students find place to stay from regural people because it is cheaper than hotels, motels etc..
>if we talk about Sarajevo, the best city trasportation is tram, ticket price is around 0,75 euro cents, buses cost 1-3 euro, depends. taxi is 5 euro and above.. if you decide to travel to another city like Mostar it will cost you around 5 euros in one direction.
>Lets talk about food: depends what you eat
Pizza      2,50 to 8,00 euros
Milk       0,75 to 1,00 euros
Bread      0,60 to 1,00 euros
Salaam     2,00 to 5,00 euros
Bosnian kitchen
Cevapi     2,00 to 4,00 euros
Soups      1,50 to 3,00 euros
Salad      1,00 to 3,00 euros
etc..
>Health prices i dont really know because I have insurance, but it is about 3 euros per day in hospital
>education prices: for a elementary school and high school you need to pay only books and something for signing up.
If you want to go to University, depends on school you need to pay from 75 - 150 euros for a regular student per semester, but extramural students need to pay around 500 euros per semester
>Energy prices i dont really know but for normal use is around 25 to 35 euros per month.
>common bills: internet depends on speed, 10 euros is cost for internet 0,5 MB/sec unlimited download, you can normal watch TV with that speed, or you can connect cable TV 8 euros or My TV with phone 15 euros. About mobile phones, messages 0,05 euro cents
>prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub: beer from 1 euro to 3 euros, in clubs to 5 euros. caffe around 1 euro. coca cola 1 - 2 euros
>price of the cinema, if you decide to go to the cinema you can do it for 2,5 to 5 euros depends on the movie.
About food it is better when you know to cook, if you eat fast food every day it will cost you a lot.
Lets do the math about the minimum requirements for living in Bosnia for 1 month
Place: 100euros/month
Food:  about 10 euros per day its around 300 euros/month depends on your eating habits.
Transportation: you can buy monthly tickets about 50,60 euros. or you can buy bicycle for that money.
Bils: eletricity, internet about 50euros
Going out depends on your habits:)
it is around 500 euros/month for normal living.

I hope this informations answer your questions, Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any further questions about anything.

Regards,

Hi Sem87 and welcome to Expat.com!

Your thread has been moved to Bosnia Herzegovine for better visibility.;)

Thanks for the sharing.:top:

Harmonie.

[moderated: off topic]

Thanks for this useful info!