Cheap Gyms Bishkek/Osh

Hello there,

I am visiting Kyrgyzstan next month in order to get a feel for the country. While i'm there, id quite like to maintain the vague level of strength ive managed for the first time in my life before it evaporates cruelly in front of my eyes.

Question: does anyone know any cheap, old school gyms that have low fees for a one off use'age? Im not fussed about swimming pools, fancy machines and so on...i just need it for some weight lifting as if I do cardio I will just run outside. Not bothered about a load of locals staring either.

Anyone who knows any in Osh/Bishkek/Karakol would be most appreciated!

Regards

Roger.

Hello Roger,

When you get to town, go to the Ak Keme Hotel, which is way up Manas Ave.  They have a monthly membership of about $200 per that is unlimited, and if you sign up for a year, it is $500 (this is off the top of my head).

Their link is below.  Local memberships (of which there are many) can be hit or miss.  Some are good, and some aren't.  The Ak Keme hotel is relatively basic, indoor and outdoor pool, and simple equipment (some of which is a bit rusty).  Free weights, etc, and you can bring a guest.

akkemehotel.com/

More local facilities will run you about $25 for 12 visits or so, depending.  I only know about one, and it is on the other side of town.  Good Wu Shu teacher there.

Feel free to PM me

Cheers,
H

Yes you will find in each city cheap fitness club, but most of instructors speak Russian or Kyrgyz only.

check PRADA club in vostok 5 on Chui prospect, less than $100 a month 3 days a week

Botanic park along the South of the city on Almatinskaya is a good place for jogging.