Places to visit in Lyon

Hi,

For the ones living in Lyon, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Lyon, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days or for a week of holidays in Lyon?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Hi Julie,

Oh course, you should visit all the main places from the city (terreaux, bellecour, etc) as well as the main neighborhoods: vieux lyon, croix rousse, downton Island and thé bridges, la tête d'or and les  Lyon is small, I would recommend to do it walking.
There are a lot of beautiful places to see around, I would bring visitors to the Alpes and the surrounding areas.
Hope this helps, enjoy Lyon!
Catherine

Hello Catherine.

Thank you for your contribution.

Regards.

Karen :)

Hi
i'd like to be friend of u!

Hey Julie,

If you have a car or the possibility to rent a car, I suggest you went for day trips in the Beaujolais Valley for wine tasting or in the Alps. Both areas are about 1 hour away from Lyon, probably more like 1 hour and a half for the Alps. And this could be a good idea to leave the city for a while.

Other than that, in Lyon itself, the places listed by Katia are very good too. And she's right, walk around Vieux Lyon, Fourvière, Bellecour and the two rivers, you'll love it.