Where to find rental by beach offering swimming

We have never been to Panama, so far, so expensive
to get there.

We want to take about 6 weeks/2 months there
near a swimming beach where swimming is safe.

We would like to rent a place where we could
walk to the beach.

We also would want to be able to take
public transportation to see other areas
sometimes.

If others know anything how to find this, do
this, would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a lot,
Joy

Hello Joy, do not forget that you may post an advert in the section Housing in Panama, it may help.;)

Harmonie.

We used TripAdvisor to rent a condo for our stay this fall (in Coronado).  Others have used VacationByOwner.  Good luck with your search!

Thanks for good ideas about how to find something
in Panama.

We don't know, though which place would have
rentals + reasonable swimming beaches for
our health. 

We are 'new' seniors, and use the ocean for
relaxing if it's possible.

Once we know where there would be rentals
not too far from a swimming beach, then
we could begin to know how to find something.

Thanks again,

any help is much appreciated, never will we have
gone so FAR!! so kind of scary to me.  Joy

(moderated: no free ads please)

I'll have a look at the photos there. Not sure
about shopping without a car, though, so that
might not work.

Also, wondering about how clean the ocean is there.

Anyone here go swimming there and if so, what's it like?
Are there big waves? 

Does it get deep?  What's the bottom of the ocean like?

Might as well know these things, thanks.

(moderated: no free ads please)

At this point, I'm just gathering information.

Travelling for me is a big deal, it feels so far,
and is so far.

I like what people have said, and we have always
gotten along with the Spanish people.

There's really a lot we have to 'get in place'
to think about this.

We don't know yet what we are doing.

I don't know where the ocean is cleanest and
easiest for swimming, do you?

I can always get some pictures. 

Thanks anyway,  Joy

To find a beautiful beach in Panama you have to go a bit towards the countryside. You wont find anything very flattering near the city. Theres this great site which i used whenever i wanted to escape with friends for the weekend its panamacoastrentals.com there you will find the most variety for the best prices and also 100% legitimate. If you have any questions feel free to message me!

Best Wishes
Yess

Joy: We live in a condo in Playa Serena in Gorgona (http://playaserenaresort.com/english/main.asp). There are plenty of seniors here all the time - either full-time, for a week or two, or for months at a time. I'm not sure what your budget is, but this gated, secure building is RIGHT on the beach, just minutes from all the shops and services you will need in Coronado, and less than 90 mins from the international airport in Panama City. There is also the brand new Bahia condo building right next door. Do a bit of online research about Gorgona/Coronado, and if you're interested in more info, just let me know and I'll try to help out. Cheers! Jacki.

[moderated: Old thread + topic already discusses on the Panama Forum + avoid duplicates on the forum. Thx]

We live in Chiriqui. The ocean is clean. There is hardly anyone on the beaches. There are waves. It's the Pacific Ocean. La Barqueta/Las Olas has dangerous undertow, but Las Lajas does not and is gorgeous. You have to walk out quite a ways before it gets deep and there is sand underfoot. Boca Chica is also very beautiful but more islands/mangroves than beaches, but there are minimal waves since it's a protected bay. If you want Caribbean look at Bocas del Torro. You can fly directly from Panama City.

This is just what I know from my area. The Azuero Peninsula is known for its beautiful beaches.  San Blas Islands is another beautiful Caribbean side area. This is a small country with water on both sides so there are lots of options.

These are not Spanish people. They are Panamanian and the warmest, kindest, friendliest people you are likely to meet (but they do speak Spanish). If you feel this is too far, you might consider the Florida Keys?

Krix

2FollowHim wrote:

At this point, I'm just gathering information.

Travelling for me is a big deal, it feels so far,
and is so far.

I like what people have said, and we have always
gotten along with the Spanish people.

There's really a lot we have to 'get in place'
to think about this.

We don't know yet what we are doing.

I don't know where the ocean is cleanest and
easiest for swimming, do you?

I can always get some pictures. 

Thanks anyway,  Joy

Check out VRBO.com for great rates on beach condos for rent in Panama, I hired a taxi driver for $75/day 8am - 5pm to take me to the places I wanted to visit.

Yes, expensive to get there, but don't forget, to incurage tourism, Panama offers free health insurance when you fly into Panama City, (I think it's limited for thirty days) you can sign up and get your ID at the airport.