Wishing to meet person(s) to practice basic spoken Arabic

Dear All,

I am very keen to learn Arabic Language and I am taking lessons.  I would like to meet socially with someone who I can practice with and learn, perhaps over coffee.  If you have the time please do contact me.

I will glad to help you with Arabic. I have been teaching Arabic to non-Arabic speakers and carrying out language exchanges with native English speakers since 2003.

Hi, I am keen. I am a local and would like to practice my English as well. You can skype me on the user sharef_sharef
Regards,
Sharef

It's so lovely to learn new things especially new languages.
I am native speaker, more than welcome to help

i need help also...i want to learn Arabic language also....:(

Hi, me also i want to learn basic arabic.... Is there a possibility to have a kick off meeting by taking a coffee,,, Thanks..... If anyone is interested in Greek please let me know....

I can trade for Russian & English!

I can teach Arabic if someone is intrested....and ya i am in Jeddah

Ehtesham wrote:

I can teach Arabic if someone is intrested....and ya i am in Jeddah

Wow that's very helpful knowing that you aren't in the same area! :dumbom:

whos asking you to take a flight to Jeddah buddy.....you can save your "wow" for yourself....

alpha89 wrote:

I can trade for Russian & English!

Hi Dear
Can you teach me some Russian ?

anyone interested in getting together and trying to sort out an Arabic class or something?

I too would like to learn some Arabic

feel free to contact me anytime :)

hey all,

I can teach anyone some basic Arabic. And i'm in Riyadh

but u have to know that my English isn't that perfect :(

i can teach English, math, physics and chemistry. i am an AUB graduate, if any of you needs help dont hesitate to contact me on 0531073000.
Best of Luck for ALL.

Dear Brit-in-Saudi,

If you are interested in learning Arabic, make sure not to use the Egyptian Arabic which is the most corrupted form of the language. You'd better go for the standard Arabic.

Carpe diem.

So What is the problem with the egyptian Arabic??? I'm Egyptian and proud of my accent :)
all arab country can understand us, but we cant understad most of arab accent since not familiar to us as egyptian and using weird words :P
From other side I like to listen to Lebanon accent and Syrian as well, since its spole accent.
and North Africa accent as well like algeria, Tunisia and Morocco.

its first time for me to hear that about egyptian accent, most of arab people I met even from Jordan like our accent even the way of talking and how our accent is funny.

at the end its your feedback regarding to egyptian accent and I tried to clarify and explain how our accent its wonderful
have a nice day :)

roa_douglass wrote:

Dear Brit-in-Saudi,

If you are interested in learning Arabic, make sure not to use the Egyptian Arabic which is the most corrupted form of the language. You'd better go for the standard Arabic.

Carpe diem.

I've been told the opposite. According to many Arabs I know.. the Egyptian dialect is the easiest to learn. Plus almost all Arab shows are in Egyptian.

Does anyone know whether Arabic classes are free in Saudi and are they readily available. I've studied Arabic before btw so I wouldn't class myself as a beginner but would love to enroll myself into one if I ever decide to head to the Kingdom.

Thanks in advance
AQ.

MiSz-AQ wrote:

Does anyone know whether Arabic classes are free in Saudi and are they readily available. I've studied Arabic before btw so I wouldn't class myself as a beginner but would love to enroll myself into one if I ever decide to head to the Kingdom.

Thanks in advance
AQ.

You may check the Arabi Institute in the DQ or Purple Academy in Olaya. I don't know about their current availability though.

@ MiSz-AQ

When learning a language , you should always go for the standard one rather than learning a jargon or an argot.

If you want to use Arabic as a lingua franca (the language that enables you to communicate with all Arabs), you have to head for the standard. Furthermore, if you learn the Egyptian dialect,you can not communicate with people from Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria unless you use the standard form of Arabic.

You are ,decidedly ,right when saying that most Arabs shows are in the Egyptian dialect, that is true coz they are more than 80 millions people and if each single company produces one show a day, you will end up with millions of shows. On the other hand, Syrian and Lebanese shows and drama have exceeded other competitors.

In terms of phonology, ( I won't be offending anybody), but the proof of the pudding is in the eating... You will discover that at a later stage when your learning process comes to the activate stage. Make sure to observe what others think of you, or what first impression you make when using that aforementioned jargon.

The bottom line, if you are interested in any Arabic variation or vernacular other than the standard, GO for the Lebanese for the impression you will make is : lovely, dandy, reverential, courteous, glamorous and highly respected.

It's your prerogative..  FAIR ENOUGH..

You said...

Carpe diem.

I said...
Ummm..I am sure you just offended 80M Egyptians.

Interesting, as to the native speaker of English many find Egyptian Arabic more beautiful than the others. Each to their own I suppose, just like "Arabs want/prefer to learn American English".

@Suzan,,

Nothing to say, but you can't even wrap your mind around the idea of pure Arabic. Try to use that African Egyptian jargon , and see ..........Your choice.

I personally like American English , but I prefer British English!!! And most universities in the Arab world tend to use the British educational system..

One thing you have to bear in mind is that as a learner of a 2nd language, you do not care if the word you use Australian, Irish, Canadian,AmE or BrE , the important thing is that you convey the meaning required.

Diametrically,(No offence)

@ roa_douglass
It seems you have a problem with Egyptian people not with the egyptian accent it self.
So I dont like to spend my time to argue with you coz its useless

Hi, I am looking to learn to speak conversational Arabic - please call me when you are able to discuss tuition if that's the sort of thing you do (0535065117). Thanks a lot in advance!

is this still on??

I would like to learn the language as well!
I will share the software i use and the audio books i listen to learn the language!

Are you guys familiar of the language learning software Rosetta Stone?
I learned how to read Arabic because of this, but still it's not enough.

hope we can have a get together one day.

is it for free?lol...

coz i want to join too....coz i am like this when im with saudi friends :mad::rolleyes:

benchmarkzenith wrote:

i need help also...i want to learn Arabic language also....:(

Wow very nice ^^
Let's o  chat:)

MiSz-AQ wrote:
roa_douglass wrote:

Dear Brit-in-Saudi,

Carpe diem.

I've been told the opposite. According to many Arabs I know.. the Egyptian dialect is the easiest to learn. Plus almost all Arab shows are in Egyptian.

Thanks in advance
AQ.

The Arabic accents in generals not like other languages accents, in Arabic we have difference in whole words not only different pronunciation, so I recommend learning formal stander Arabic, that way you can deal with all arabs nationalities and maybe you will start reading arabic in the future, since we only publish using formal arabic, and yes I thing Egyptian accent is the more most corrupted form of Arabic

BTW, I am happy to help any one to learn Arabic in my free time, I am not a teacher I will just do it friendly

weaamb1 wrote:
MiSz-AQ wrote:
roa_douglass wrote:

Dear Brit-in-Saudi,

Carpe diem.

Thanks in advance
AQ.

The Arabic accents in generals not like other languages accents, in Arabic we have difference in whole words not only different pronunciation, so I recommend learning formal stander Arabic, that way you can deal with all arabs nationalities and maybe you will start reading arabic in the future, since we only publish using formal arabic, and yes I thing Egyptian accent is the more most corrupted form of Arabic

That was the operative word .( Corrupted). As I explained earlier that the Egyptian jargon is the most corrupted and always go for the STANDARD form of the language..

You are absolutely right MR. weaamb1.

I will teach u arabic since I'm fluent in both languages.I taught few expats before so let me know if u r intrested :D

roa_douglass wrote:

And most universities in the Arab world tend to use the British educational system..

The reason for this is that the ME has a difficult time recruiting American educators from half-way across the globe.  The UK, on the other hand, is a mere 6 hour plane ride (about the same time required to fly from the west coast of the USA to the east and still be in-country!).

Hello,

I'm available in Riyadh .

Dears,

Learning standard arabic is very usefull. However as a mean of communication , The truth is Egyptian accent ,is the most understood in M.E ( from west to East).
Simply, because of huge media productions,
Also, The egyptian accent, is quite slow & soft in pronounciatin.
This makes it easy to understand.

the claim,that it is Jargon, it is incorrect.
As, all the accents have deviated from standard arabic.

@Sherif23,

Don't try to fool people!!! We all realise how corrupted is your Egyptian jargon !!! Additionally, you've forgotten to mention that other Arabic-speaking people feel disgusted when they hear a foreigner speaks your lowly jargon and that would fill listeners with repugnance !!!!!!

Dears,

I 'm not fooling anyone.
Fact is : All current dilecets aren't standard arabic.
I'm not here to discuss personal preferences or emotional bias.
Any, foriegner trying to speak arabic , may listen weak, regardless of egyptian, or Jordanian, or Lebanese....or
Jargon or any in-appropriate wording itself are an example
of the daily arabs conflict !!!!!!!

Wow.. finally an argument I'm not part of :top:

Alliecat wrote:

Wow.. finally an argument I'm not part of :top:

Lol kudos!

Anyone want to learn conversational Arabic can contact me as long as they are a native English speaker, I need to practice speaking in English as well

Anywhere in the Dammam-Khobar area

:)