Sri Lanka community in Iceland

Hello,

Im moving to Reikjavyc in September...there is many Sri Lankans living there.Are Icelanders racist upon asians?

the statistics Iceland website has a breakdown of population by international origin, with the most current statistics from 2009. They don't even list Sri Lanka as an option so I guess there weren't any Sri Lankans in 2009, but maybe some have moved.

you can also try contacting the international association here: http://asetur.is/?lang=en

they might know if there are Sri Lankans now.

not being Asian, I can't comment on how it is to be Asian in Iceland, but they have at least gotten used to seeing Thai people since there is a decent Thai community there (for Iceland, meaning on a world scale it is of course tiny).

IMO Icelanders are still getting used to immigration from anywhere, whether you look different from the average Icelander or not. You will definitely get questions about where you're from, why you're in Iceland, etc.

I found some more current stats and there are about 100-150 Sri Lankans in Iceland. Might be hard to find them all though!

if u r met some srilankans plz i want them contacts plz because im a srilankan my hand phone no 00918489577735 anything plz text me