How to make friends in the Seychelles

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in the Seychelles :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in the Seychelles??

Thanks in advance for your participation

contacting me :D

Seychellois people are very friendly and easy going.  A simple hello will be enough.

Your friendship are very welcome.

Maggie_luv wrote:

Seychellois people are very friendly and easy going.  A simple hello will be enough.

Your friendship are very welcome.

Agreed. A small hello and Hi is enough. Sooner or later the same person probably will see you on the road and call you...

i think its always easy to know someone frm seychelles before you go there, cox almost everyone knows everyone and it will sooner than later you will know eveyone who is anyone :)

Helo friend i am from Nigeria thinking of relocating to Seychelles to work,i really need a friend from Seychelles who can talk with my phone number is +2347060404992 you can also message me i will call you.thanks

Hi Emeka young,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

Maybe a brief introduction please ?

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

ppl what r u talking about here? stop being so boring
the problem in the seychelles is not making new friends, but making new normal friends

and by the way ur "small hello or hi" is not even necessary..u will hear "hello" in creole 100 times per day from the locals whether u want it or not

Hi Anna Christ,

Welcome to Expat.com!

The topic here is "How to make friends in the Seychelles" so what other advises can you share with us?

Thank you.
Christine
Expat.com team

Seychellois people are very friendly and nice but don't allow you easily into their small circles. Respect the difference in cultures and don't try too hard to fit in...you won't. Racism and prejudice is alive and well in the Seychelles.
If you are really desperate for making friends join a sport club. Maybe after some time has passed and people got to know you they will allow you into their group.

Hello, My name is Aaron a Ghanaian born and bred up in Nigeria. I specialize in POP ceiling decoration and 3D floor tile,  and I'm 31 year of age. I sincerely desire to have a good friend from Seychelles, because I intended to move down to Seychelles. These are my mobile contact phone number *** I will appreciate a fill back from you, thank you.

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : please do not post your contact details on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

:)

I need a seychellois  friend  please .!!!! Hello!!!!!!

That's very interesting and good to know they are friendly . Are you in sychelles or you were there on a tourist visit cos I would love to work and live there . My name is Ibraheem and am from Nigeria . My whatsapp number is *** . Nice to meet you

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.

@NanaTia what your number

This my whatsapp number i need a friend in seychelles i'm from Liberia West Africa but currently in UAE Dubai
Gentle reminder to one and all,

Do not post contact details on the open forum.

If you need to share your details, please do so through private messages.

Thank you

Djameel
Expat.com Team
@Maggie_luv
hello

@Maggie_luv Hai how are you

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com1f603.svg

Since you are all looking for friends, that would be nice if you could introduce yourselves in a few lines to tell us what you like etc. This will make it easy for people to start a conversation with you.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

Hello, i'm Bijoux from Burundi. Am a divorced mum of 4beautiful kids. I have friends around the world i just miss one from seychelles. Just to talk and exchange about life, culture, traditions and many more topics. Who knows what can come next!!! Men and women are welcome. Much love to you all.

Hello hayusobi,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f600.svg

Do not hesitate to post an advert in the Seychelles classifieds section.

There is a dedicated category for friendship.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

me from kenya

@Maggie_luv

Hello, you like some of my relatives!

Thinking of making friends and get tips before my planned trip this coming year!

Happy New Year!

hello....I'm Naomi in on kenya ....intrested with job opportunity in seychelles as we starts a new year and il appreciate...

Hi, I'm Sample from Nigeria and I wish to move to Seychelles to live and work but don't know how to go about it. I need friends too

Hello everyone,

For job seekers, kindly note that there is a dedicated section for such requests.

You should post your CV in the Jobs in the Seychelles section.

Best of luck,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Anna Christ hi

are you in seychelles

@Anna Christ you are right ❤️

Hi to each and everyone in this forum am Mr Ebong Chulton a Cameroonian by Nationality residents in Bahrain and work with the international security guard Bahrain but presently now in Cameroon. Please l need some friends in Seychelles who can contact or connect me with companies which can give me direct employment because from my finding Seychelles is a very good place and the people there are friendly and very welcoming. Am really interested to come there and make more friends. Am ready to work any job and anywhere in Seychelles this is my email: ***

Moderated by Bhavna 10 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you

hello Ebong Chulton,

Welcome !

I don't think that friends will help you get in touch with companies for employment.

If you are looking for a job, please create your CV in the Jobs in Seychelles section of the website so that it is accessible to potential employers.

You may also search for opportunities on the following website : https://jobo.sc/?v=e5919ba9cf2e

And start networking on LinkedIn.

All the best

Bhavna

@expat.com I want to make a new friend in Seychelles who guides me on how to start living there. I am kindly looking for someone who is willing to help me.

hello Ebong Chulton,
Welcome !

I don't think that friends will help you get in touch with companies for employment.

If you are looking for a job, please create your CV in the Jobs in Seychelles section of the website so that it is accessible to potential employers.

You may also search for opportunities on the following website : https://jobo.sc/?v=e5919ba9cf2e

And start networking on LinkedIn.

All the best
Bhavna
-@Bhavna

Hello and welcome @rayasse28

please read my post just above. Friends will not help you in finding a job.

Regards

Bhavna

Hello!

I am I am the Rev. Fr. Canon Dr. Tchinda Prince. I am an Anglican trained Lutheran Priest from Yaoundé - Cameroon.

I fell so in love with this beautiful island nation when I learned about some interesting common realities between Seychelles and Cameroon like it's British / French heritage. It will be my desire to have friends in the Seychelles as it is my potential destination for a few months of missionary probation.

Yours truly