Few queries about staying in Riyadh

Hello group members,

I am Indian and I planing to  move to Riyadh,I have few queries about staying in Riyadh and need group members help who stays their, to answer it.

1. Is their a way to watch Indian TV channel, I learnt from  some discussions in some forum, it's possible if we bring the setup box from India and purchase antenna in Riyadh.

2. How much it will cost me  1BHK compound, in city center.

3.  How much it will cost me  1BHK flat (not in compound but in safe place).

3. Can I worship of my god in my home (for sure not in public) and I bring some religious book, picture of my god from India, I learn t their are some trouble at Immigration?

4. Is Indian food items grocery items as Pulse, spices, oil , vegetables are available?

Regards,
Akshay

Akshay1212 wrote:

Hello group members,

I am Indian and I planing to  move to Riyadh,I have few queries about staying in Riyadh and need group members help who stays their, to answer it.

1. Is their a way to watch Indian TV channel, I learnt from  some discussions in some forum, it's possible if we bring the setup box from India and purchase antenna in Riyadh.

3. Can I worship of my god in my home (for sure not in public) and I bring some religious book, picture of my god from India, I learn t their are some trouble at Immigration?

4. Is Indian food items grocery items as Pulse, spices, oil , vegetables are available?

Regards,
Akshay

Yes, you can bring airtel or any other here. You can also purchase those here but at a premium.

A min of 80-90K SAR / year

Depends on the locality and area, if you want indian populated areas then you will dish out any where btw 15K - 20K / year.

You can worship at your home, but as to bringing pictures or books you might run into trouble with immigration. They might hold you and cease all such things and then will let you go.

Yes.

Hello Akshay.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

For more interaction, a new thread has been created from your message on the Riyadh forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Akshay1212 wrote:

I'm interested in the picture of god that you mentioned. You didn't mean a photograph of god, did you ?

@Akshay1212  An idea.  Email yourself some pics of your god from India, and once you get here print them up.

You can actually do the same with the religious books if you have them in PDF.

Hello group members,

Thanks a lot for replies and ideas.

Regarding pics, books and some puja material...i guess it depends on luck....i and my wife have carried them in without any hassle...

But downloading them here and taking a print is a grt idea as well...

ya, you are ryt :-)

but if some one is reading these ideas...in that case it may be create trouble for future...

Hi group members,

I am in negotiation with my Saudi employer. Could you please help me to know, what is the min. and max. rent for 1bhk in compound. Does 2-3K RSA is enough for 1BHK inside Compound?
I got to know 1-2K RSA is fine budget for 1BHK in apartments.

Regards,
Akshay

hi Akshay

I am considering  moving to riyadh.
as i found your responses the recent one, could you please help me in the same ?

1> have you moved along with family ?
and the same questions you have asked.

how safe it is to move with family and kid

Thanks
JD

A picture of your GOD ?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JD, Riyadh & KSA are probably among safest places in world ;> only thing is always with the documentation ....If u r on work visa / Iqama here , u wud need ur sponsorer to issue u a exit rentry visa to go out of the country... for family it may be a good idea to get them on a visit visa here which is simpler to do and allows 3 months stay ( extendable from within riYadh) and then later get them on an family Iqama...