Some questions about rentals in Caracas

Hi all!

I'm moving to Caracas soon and am trying to figure out some things:

What is the best area to live in? My office will be in altamira, and I think that's also one of the safest?

My company will pay for a move if needed, but I really don't have much; are unfurnished rentals way cheaper than furnished ones?

How useful is it to have a car in Caracas? I've heard that the subway works well and that you can call private taxis to move from point to point

Thanks for you help!
Federico

Where are you from?.  Altamira is a nice place live.

Best thing to do? Use Google maps to check all the locations I'm giving you.

The best places to live in Caracas would be:
- Chacao County, includes altamira, chacao, palos grandes, and other areas (google map "chacao")
- Baruta County, only some areas like Las Mercedes, Chuao, el Cafetal,

You shouldn't go further west than Chacaito (Chacaito is not bad, but not great either)
You shouldn't go further east than El marques (same as chacaito, is not bad, but not great either).

What's your reference?  El Metro (Subway)... Everything close to the Metro is great for transportation.  Baruta is NOT close to a metro station BUT it is also a good place with good public transportation and connections to El Metro.

The Stations you should be looking at are Chacaito, Chacao, Altamira, Palos Grandes, Miranda, Los Dos Caminos or Los Cortijos.

If you want more information give me some contact information (facebook, twitter, skype, whatsapp, email, etc).

thanks for all those tips; more than helpful! :)