Moving to Hanoi

I'm an American moving to Hanoi for business.  What are some things that I must bring with me?  I'm having a hard time trying to decide what to bring along and what to put into storage.  Thanks

Nothing. There are everything you need for a normal life. :)

Girls need pads, boys need condom...

Just kidding. Bring whatever you need for your personal is most important.  No wearing jewelry.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum pls]

skatesynchro wrote:

I'm an American moving to Hanoi for business.  What are some things that I must bring with me?  I'm having a hard time trying to decide what to bring along and what to put into storage.  Thanks

It really depends on how long you will you be staying and what type of person you are. I found that bringing a few small things such as some face wash, lotion, shampoo, a towel and deodorant were helpful. Especially if you don't want to be running around searching for things your first few weeks. Or at least not until you get acclimated to your new surroundings.

rye for baking bread, your favorite thing to have on the sandwhich. Dont expect to find cloths unless you go to the tailor. Shoes over the size 43 is impossible to find or of low quality.

shoes is probably the most important. Jogging shoes!

You guys can purchase oversize shoes at the Export shoes shop at the crossroad of Yet Kieu street and Tran Hung Dao (Hoan Kiem district). It's on the Tran Hung Dao street, at the left corner of Yet Kieu. Good luck!

You can find almost everything to start a new life in the city. Anyway, bring your medicines for common illnesses.
The Export shoes shop on Yet Kieu str. is a good address for cheap shoes, but they are not always original. Before buying, be sure you can find the same ones on zappo or amazon, otherwise go to a department store.
Good luck!

a

Hanoi have everything , I think u just need to bring money .

Would love to share and talk like friendliness
Don't worry, are you coming to live in Ha Noi city, Viet Nam soon.
It is summer here, so you need to take personal things to use in summer. It will be cool after 2 months.
Take some medicines you often use to proctect yourself. Here the road is not good enough and we don't have fresh and clean air to breath.
The traffice is dangerous at all time. Most people travel by motorbikes.