Expat blog gatherings in Surabaya

Hi all!

What about meeting the other Surabaya Expat.com members in real life? Organizing an Expat.com meet up would be an excellent way to know them! :)

An Expat.com meet up can be a diner gathering, having coffee, a bring and share in a nice place, a cultural or sports activity, etc. There are plenty of possibilities: just imagine a pleasant way to meet new people and old friends from Expat.com.

Feel free to organize Expat.com get-togethers in Surabaya: you would meet the other members in a friendly atmosphere and have a good time together!

Of course, we could offer some help to organize your meet up and to inform the community.

So, who's in? Do not hesitate to start a new thread to suggest an Expat.com gathering in Surabaya. ;)

Best,

Julien

I'm in :). That's a great idea!

I'm in :)

I'm in for these couple of weeks :)

Hello all.

Do not hesitate to propose a date, an hour and a place. I am sure other members might be interested. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Any coffee lovers here in Surabaya?
I knew a small cafe called Kopi Thiam Oei (opposite JW Marriot), always pick "indotjina coffee" whenever i'm around this city.
Looking for more recommended black coffee corners here ;)

Cheers,
Wid

Hi Julien,

I saw  450 responses to your post.
Has this meeting started? I am new here.
If you can provide any details, I 'll be pleased.

Cheers,

Cugan
From London UK

Hi Cugan,

Welcome to the country and city! I don't think the meeting really arranged here (Julian, please correct me if I missed), I'm also looking to meet anybody from this room.

Everybody, any idea: time & venue?

Cheers,
Wid

ouhh wow,,that would be a great idea,, have you made the meet up yet guys? i saw the date, the idea been started since last month. if it haven't yet, I am in. I'll be in town early next week.

Ok,, lets start the idea,

1.Place: Palimanan Restaurant at Ciputra Golf Surabaya, The best golf view resto in town. Green expanse of the golf course with night breeze would be nice. Every Friday evening they serve BBQ buffet 85000 RP each person and 25000 RP per bottle for "Bintang" (last price i knew. been off for 4 months)

2.Time: Start 6pm, Oct 26, 2012 Friday

How about that? who's in? or any other suggestion?

Nenty

This is a message to Julien. Julien, when I was in China, one of the expat community's popular site weliveinbeijing organised a party themselves ( they periodically do) at a popular club+restaurant in Beijing called Barblu. Why not here? As Nenty suggested, we all can meet up at one place on one day, chosen by you and promoted through your site?

Hi Nenty,

Good idea for the Expat.com meet up in Surabaya!

I hope you will get lots of replies.

Hi there!
has this meeting taken place yet??  I would love to join if it isn't too late..  or maybe the next one!!

Hello guys,

Could you please suggest a place, a date (1 or 2 weeks in advance) and a time? We could help you to organise this meet up in Surabaya.

Thank you,
Christine

hello guys,

im would be happy too meet you all! 
my name is Irina, im from germany.
i will give you my number,
lets meet and have fun together!

There's a nice, quiet bar in Puncak Permai, West Surabaya.  Beer is cheap, at 60K++ for a pitcher BEFORE 10pm. 100K ++ after! If anyone interested , send a private message with phone number, and I'll give you details.
C

Hi all cool people who is now living in Surabaya!

Tomorrow is  along weekend one, maybe we should set up a small gathering. Maybe we can have lunch at Stilroad restaurant near by Taman Bungkul? Let say on Friday 16th. Or dinner?
Any advise is welcome.

Cheers
Nik Nik

Hi,

I am also in favor to have this meet to know each other and meet up occasionally. It will be a good event, further to maintain our expat community. :cheers:

Regards..

Hello everyone.
I am an italian man ansd i will move to Surabaya for work later this year.
Would like to get in touch with locals and expats over there.
Thanks!

gREAT IDEA

Hi Julien...is the gathering still on? May I know the schedule? Thx.

Regards,
Lou Maris

hi all, happy new year!! I'm in Surabaya these 2 weeks, any chance to meeting up? Wid.

Hi i'm new here. I have a plan to live in France, maybe in here i can find someone to get more information about it.

hi, I'm new :D

anyone strangers in Surabaya who would like to hang out :D ??

Heya! I'm coming to Sby this coming week...what's nice to see/do or what's the current hotspot to go to?

Any of these still going on then? Got here a week ago and although I have some friends around this way it's always good to meet new people!   :top:

Hi buddy's ....I'm looking to meet you all on sept 2015...pls let all of u share your interest.