Go.com.sa 4G broadband Service

Hi,
For those who are present and past user of Go.com.sa,, will you please share your experiences with their 4g broadband service, specifically the 2 and 3Mbps packages.
Thanks in advanced.

audizee wrote:

Hi,
For those who are present and past user of Go.com.sa,, will you please share your experiences with their 4g broadband service, specifically the 2 and 3Mbps packages.
Thanks in advanced.

No user survey is going to help you there.

Remember these are wireless services and large part of what you get and what you don't depends on your particular location and tele-density.

My suggestion is to borrow the router from a friend of someone and test it out for a day or two.

I live in North Riyadh, and have wasted thousands of riyals on this issue.

agreed with Salman,

Try getting feedback from your neighbors about the best ISP in your area. I hope this would help in saving alot of time and money

good luck

I don't understand people who buy wireless connection at home.
Use wired internet it's much faster and stabler and cheaper.
Look at "Jood 2" service from STC at 20Mbps for SR249 a month.
http://www.stc.com.sa/wps/wcm/connect/e … ages/Jood2

aman11022 wrote:

Because wireless requires NO provisioning time and allow you to roam within service area.

STC specifically is notorious for provisioning delays and not so friendly service.

Lastly all wired services require certain time to DE-provision, which if not done properly with documents and stuff can delay your exit visas.

You should always go for wireless internet services but only if your location is not covered by any ISP

aman11022 wrote:

Cheaper??
I subscribed to Go Telecom for the 3 mb/s.
My Youtube is very fast, I can use FaceTime with my family in France and it perfectly works.

I subscribed for 2 years at SR1800.

In addition, it took me 1 hour to get it :
15 min to go to GO telecom
15 min to get the device and pay
15 min to go back home
15 min to install the device and voila !

When you subscribe to Go Telecom, the salesma wil ltell you if you live close to an antenna but you can also try it and if you are not satisfied, you can give the device back and unsubscribe.

We personally using GO Wireles broadband in our home, when GO first launch this package, the speed is quite fast, but later on when there's a lot of users, of course it will going slow.  Another thing, they have a "Usage Policy" but I guess not only them, but all ISP have such Policy.  Well, once you reached the maximum bandwidth, they will capped your internet speed, and I confirmed that from one of their customer service when I was complaining our speed. So the question is why the hell they are telling the word UNLIMITED? Okay, let's go back again to the speed.  If you are the only one will use the 3Mpbs, this is enough for you, but Mobily and STC are making good speed now and this almost the same price with that GO speed.  If GO did not upgrade their speed, I am sure they will hang on the tree.

To others commenting wired is fast, yes, wired is fast, but wireless modem doesn't need a telephone line, and there are some advantages and disadvantages from both wireless and wired.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,
3J

So the question is why the hell they are telling the word UNLIMITED?

Data is unlimited no the speed.

I was assuming this limitation exists but never experienced it myself. Do you know when they limit your speed?
After a comsumption of how much data?

Krysman25 wrote:

So the question is why the hell they are telling the word UNLIMITED?

Data is unlimited no the speed.

I was assuming this limitation exists but never experienced it myself. Do you know when they limit your speed?
After a comsumption of how much data?

Data = Speed X Time

i think they daily maximum usage is 5GB.
Upstream + downstream.

Oh yeah you are right, and I didn't thought it.

They didn't answer me when I asked them what is the exact limit of bandwidth before they have to cap the speed.

Well, it's usually by downloading and video streaming.  These two types of downloading eats a lot of BW.

How does this bandwidth limiting goes? Is it a daily 5gb limit say around noon after downloading some big files and using up all the allowed bandwidth the speed slows then full speed returns after 24 hours?
Or its like based on weekly or perhaps monthly limit?

audizee wrote:

How does this bandwidth limiting goes? Is it a daily 5gb limit say around noon after downloading some big files and using up all the allowed bandwidth the speed slows then full speed returns after 24 hours?
Or its like based on weekly or perhaps monthly limit?

Alright, I've contacted GO yesterday to complain our connection slowness. Agent responded me that we reached 50GBPS, then they will restore it in the following Month (September).  Gosh! meaning they already capped our speed as we reached the limit.  I've replied back asking what is the specific limit of BW per Month, but as of this time no response yet.

Well, I'm still thinking how we consumed the 50GBPS from August 1-19.  Unless some of the user in our network are infected with a virus.  Maybe hacker uses the infected computer to use the Internet connection and this is possible to use DDOS.

Guys I guess we have to read carefully the details mentioned in their website.
Their 4G 3mbps prepaid  doesn't mention the word unlimited which probably means there is a limit.
But if you ask any of their sales guy, they will always say it is unlimited.
If you look at the "post paid" 4G 3mbps, the word "unlimited" is clearly mentioned.
The unlimited 4g 3mbps plan though will set you back almost double the price of the limited bandwidth plan.
But then again the sales guy said their "prepaid" plans is on promo that's why the price is much cheaper now.

audizee wrote:

Guys I guess we have to read carefully the details mentioned in their website.
Their 4G 3mbps prepaid  doesn't mention the word unlimited which probably means there is a limit.
But if you ask any of their sales guy, they will always say it is unlimited.
If you look at the "post paid" 4G 3mbps, the word "unlimited" is clearly mentioned.
The unlimited 4g 3mbps plan though will set you back almost double the price of the limited bandwidth plan.
But then again the sales guy said their "prepaid" plans is on promo that's why the price is much cheaper now.

Actually it is "Fair Usage Policy".  Like the post said above, yes, it is unlimited data, but only capping the speed because of "Fair Usage Policy",  He is right.  You can still get unlimited data even your speed is capped.  As I've said also above, all ISP have this kind of Policy to be fair to anyone in the network.  Hope everything is cleared.

Just got Go.com's prepaid 3mbps with a 3 day home trial return policy :D I live in Muruj area and the speed is fast (full bar signal strength). I'm getting a download speed of more than 500 kbps yet the router is installed in the middle of the flat with several walls between the windows. Will try moving the router near the windows later and hopefully I can get higher speed. But as it is, its fine.
Skype, YM and Youtube run very smooth.

For those looking for a wireless wifi provider, this certainly is worth a try. You can't lose because of their generous 3 day return policy :cool:

But is it best to be cautionary and initially just take out a 3 month plan. Personally I'm not sure yet how my browsing/downloading will be effected when the dreaded capping takes place later on.
Keeping my fingers crossed because the 50gb per month alloted capacity may turn out to be limiting.
We'll there are other providers to turn to later . . .

^^ I think GO must upgrade their speed like STC and Mobily did.  Currently Mobily offering up tp 6Mbps for their 4G Network, while STC is offering up to 100Mbps according to their website. GO still 3Mbps max.  I hope I can try the 4G of STC to see if it's true.

Please do tell us later how it is with STC 4G.
I hope others will chime in and share their experiences with their present setup- 3g,4g, wimax,dsl or whatever it is available out there.
Download speed is a good indicator on what to expect from various plans being offered ( like 1 ,2,3,4,6 21,100 mbps )

I Have been using GO Wimax 4G(3mbps) for 2 years now and I can tell u this for sure if you download something bigger then 10gb in 1 day they will limit your bandwidth down to 512to600kbps. And something to keep in mind if you download or use the internet enough for a combined data downloaded of 10 to1 5gb they will limit your bandwidth for a 1to2 weeks..How do i know this i use a program called DU Meter it monitors and stores data of network usage and data download. Hence every time i reach a total of 10 to 15 gb in a month my bandwidth gets to 512kbps for a WEEK...And if you are still interested to get GO i would advice you to get a 1 month package not 3,6 or 12.