New Yorker in Salzburg

Hello all,

Seems like I'll be the first to post in a while.

I'm a native New Yorker and Middle School teacher who moved to Salzburg in September. I have a long term contract with an International School and am also in a relationship with an Austrian, so I intend to stay here for quite a while. :)

I'm in the novice stages of learning German and also trying to get used to living here. (Still haven't found the local Post Office. :P ) If anyone is left and is offering meet-ups, I'm totally up for it.

Hope to see you around.

Best,

Chrissy

Hi Chrissy, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Welcome :)

Hello Chrissy,

I am in the same boat and I am completely new to this place. In a separate note, i wrote an introductory mail to you. If you are interested, we can meetup.

Srini

Hello Srini,

You seem to be back and forth very often! I envy that freedom. I'm back at work after a fairly long vacation and don't have much free time (I'm a teacher)...however, I will be posting on here again in April when I have my next long break!

Enjoy Munich!

Best,

Chrissy

Hi Chrissy!
I am also recently moved lining in Salzburg from bklyn, ny. I don't speak German yet and I just found the post office! Lol! I would love to meet up for a coffee sometime. I moved here because of my husband and really want to make my own friends and start my life here. Hope to meet you!

Hello Jenny1206 and welcome to Expat.com!

This thread is old (2011).
Do not hesitate to start a new one on the Salzburg forum for more visibility.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hey there,

Not sure if anyone is still reading this.  Maybe Jenny?  But if my work visa is approved, I'll be moving to Salzburg in about a week from NY / NJ.  In fact, I lived in Brooklyn for a while too.  Would love to meet up with anyone!  Feel free to send me an e-mail at [email protected].

Hope to chat soon,
Nicola

Hello.
Not sure if this post is still going but my family and I recenttly moved to Salzburg from MN.
I lived in NYC for 5 yrs before getting married and would love to learn about some of the local spots in Salzburg as well as find a babysitter for ournkidsnoff and on.

Thanks in advance!

Jayme